DO YOU HAVE A STUBBORN/HARD HEADED CHILD?

My 4 yr old dd is like that. It is hard to handle sometimes she really has a mind of her own. How about you?

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 5:36 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Oh Ya , no longer saving for college. Saving for a private island so DS can be dictator of his own little empire.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 10:27 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Yes. My DD is the very same, has been her whole life. She is 7 now. I find that things have gotten easier since she's able to understand more abstract concepts now. If I explain the WHY behind a decision that she doesn't agree with, we have an easier time with conflict.
    nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 5:39 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I have one son who is so easy and passive but then the other is the most stubborn child ever! It can be sooo frustrating. I feel your pain and he is 4 too!
    RedDahlia82

Answer by RedDahlia82 at 5:43 PM on May. 15, 2011

• My little girl is almost three and she is stubborn too. She stomps her foot and slams her door and throws things. She is detirmened that our puppy is going to sleep in her bed with her so, almost every night I have to rescue poor Nikki as she's being drug by her ears into my daughter's bed. My older collie sleeps with me but my little hound pup usually sleeps on the floor in her own bed.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 5:43 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Yes ma'am! LOL that child is now 27 and has a 3 year old just like she used to be. Careful, when you tell her that you hope she has a child just like her... That's what I did!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:43 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Just wait until she's a teenager. LOL - my was stubborn at a young age. She's now 12.
    It does get better and then worse again.
    my best advice is to not play into her games, let her have her fit and she'll get over it. She'll learn that she won't get anywhere with her fits. But like said, she'll try again, as a pre-teen.
    Hang in there..
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 5:58 PM on May. 15, 2011

• My oldest is a perfectionist and rather hard headed she thinks she knows more then me at 6. So I feel for you. I explain things as best as I can. And I am very clear as to what I expect from her. This helps. But whenever my hubby leaves she gets so controlling it is hard to do anything.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 6:14 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Oh my goodness yes! I have 4 of them! lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 6:53 PM on May. 15, 2011

• i sure do and he's only 2...
    lynnlang

Answer by lynnlang at 9:02 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Yes she is 10 now and I have started to understand her way of thinking a little more so she isn't as bad as it use to be.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 10:07 AM on May. 16, 2011