Public speaking

What are ways to get over the fear of public speaking?

sierra_617

Asked by sierra_617 at 5:41 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Pretend everyone in the audience is stark naked!

Answer by older at 5:44 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I was never good at that either. When I was in school, I was picked on mercilessly so, when I was forced to speak in front of my class they would laugh and snicker at everything I said so I would loose my train of thought and forget my place and then they would make fun of me for that. When I was in the seventh grade, we had a debate about some of the issues in the presidential address and I was put on the abortion debate. My teacher wanted me to argue pro-choice but I refused so I argued pro-life. At some point during my argument I lost my train of thought and my opponent decided that it was her turn to speak and I got mad at what she had to say and said "Yeah, well, F*ck you!" I thought I had won. I shut her up.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 5:51 PM on May. 15, 2011

• When you find one, let me know! I've always had severe anxiety over public situations!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 6:57 PM on May. 15, 2011

• You could see if there is a toastmasters in your area. 

adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 1:02 AM on May. 16, 2011

• By doing more and more of it - I have heard of the suggestion of picturing your audience in underwear (so you feel less intimidated).
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:13 PM on May. 16, 2011

• look above and past the crowd focus on an object and try not to let your nerves take over
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:46 AM on May. 19, 2011

• IDK...I've done it various times and it still freaks me out!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:00 AM on May. 30, 2011