School starts in the fall what do I need

So my daughter starts school in the fall and I am a pre season shopper. I like to shop before the rush. So what are some good things to pack for supplies and then for snacks*buying that closer to when she is going to school*

sierra_617

Asked by sierra_617 at 5:43 PM on May. 15, 2011 in

• What grade will she be in?
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 5:53 PM on May. 15, 2011

• K-1
    sierra_617

Comment by sierra_617 (original poster) at 6:00 PM on May. 15, 2011

• We already got a list from the school my son will be starting K-1 in this fall. Check the school's website. Even the one from last year will be posted there. There can't be too many differences between last and this year.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 6:02 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Crayons, 24pk., Crayola washable markers, 12 pack, glue sticks, box of kleenex, #2 pencils, dull scissors, back pack, of course :), and generally the teacher will have other things on the list that the other classes won't have to bring. You can go to the school she'll be attending and pick up a supply list. They'll be happy to give you one. How exciting for her :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 6:08 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I am excited for her a lil sad. She has been home with me since the day she was born so it's going to be so weird to have her at school and me back to work
    sierra_617

Comment by sierra_617 (original poster) at 6:26 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Check the school's website- they probably have it up! Or at least last years... though, being a preseason shopper in this case may not do you as much good. School supplies can be INSANELY cheap around August. :-)
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 6:36 PM on May. 15, 2011

• They will probably ask for items such as ziplock bags, hand sanitizer and tissues as well! Sometimes they split the class up by boy/girl or birthday months and give you a particular item to purchase. I always buy lots of extra supplies and take them in on the first day- of everything because they WILL need it.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 6:38 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Also they may need inside shoes, and will need a backpack, lunch kit and water bottle. I got my kids the Tupperware sandwich container, and snack containers. They are a bit pricier that other kinds, but they look brand new still, and are way handier than those plastic baggies.
    I also shop ahead too, and now is the time of year that jeans go on sale. Check out the gap and the childrens place every couple days, I did this last year and scored some great deals on jeans. Anything I see thats a good deal that I know they will use I try to get, and save it for when school starts...I try telling my friends to starte early, yet every year I'm done in July and they havnt started and they run around trying to find things, that are sold out, lol. Maybe one year they will listen lol
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 1:34 PM on May. 16, 2011

• inside shoes, and will need a backpack, lunch kit and water bottle. I got my kids the Tupperware sandwich container, and snack containers; Crayons, 24pk., Crayola washable markers, 12 pack, glue sticks, box of kleenex, #2 pencils, dull scissors, back pack, of course :), and generally the teacher will have other things on the list that the other classes won't have to bring. You can go to the school she'll be attending and pick up a supply list. They'll be happy to give you one. How exciting for her
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 2:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2011