Summer activities for my four year old

I am done with classes and I need to find fun things for us to do everyday to keep her busy and eventually tire outl. Any good ideas are appreciated

sierra_617

Asked by sierra_617 at 5:46 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• The local libraries usually have story telling time for that age group. Also swimming lessons would be great.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:57 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I agree with the library. We live at the ones here. Also check your local comm centers and moms groups in your area.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:39 PM on May. 15, 2011

• If you have any land you could start a small garden together to weed and watch grow. Start taking walks or find a safe place to ride bikes together (or rollerskate). Start a project like making your own wrapping paper or building a kite. I know classes get a little nutty but there are lots of free one day activities at libraries, museums, nature places. Start perusing the local paper and find what activities you can find. Go shopping at thrift stores to make a dress up box. Find an inexpensive place to get a pool or beach membership nearby or get one of those huge kiddie pools or a sprinkler for the backyard. Come up with some recipes so you can make dinner together.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 10:26 AM on May. 16, 2011

• My 4 yo is going to take swimming lessons, and go to pee wee camp (only a few week program). We like to spend summer days going to the park, setting up the sandbox and pool, going to the library, riding bikes, going to the zoo, six flags, the water park, museums, etc.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:10 PM on May. 16, 2011

• My 4 y/o is going to the the Elem. school for summer rec. 6 week program 3 hours in am. And, we r going to go fishing, camping, playground.
    NewYorkMommy74

Answer by NewYorkMommy74 at 4:27 PM on May. 16, 2011