How much is a trip to disneyland?

DH and I want to take the kids so bad but we aren't sure we can afford it. So if you have gone what did it cost you?

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 5:47 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Travel

• We went last summer. The tickets are very pricey. Ages 10 and up are $76. Ages 3 to 9 are $68. We didn't stay in the hotels or anything though. We just drove there from MIL's house, where we were staying on our visit to Southern California. I'm not sure if you'd get a better deal if you bought an all inclusive package or not. Honestly though, the way we looked at it, our daughter's only a child once. Might as well go and let her enjoy it. We made a lot of memories that trip.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 6:08 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Oh, and by the way, the prices I quoted are just for Disneyland. If you want to visit California adventure too, you have to pay more. But again, like I said, you might get a better deal buying like an all inclusive hotel package or something.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 6:09 PM on May. 15, 2011

• go to the Disney site. Look at the Disney hotels vs the neighborhood hotels.

In 2009 we took a family of 5 for 4 nights with 3 days park hopper passes in a hotel right outside the gates for $2000. We were already in CA with our own car so if you need to fly/rent a car it will definitely add a bit more.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:42 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Eviesmommy is right. The tickets are pricey and the food in the park is expensive too. But to be totally honest with you it was worth it. I paid $144 just for the tickets for just me and DS and that didn't include California Adventure. We did a character dinner at the Disneyland hotel and I think I paid $60 for that. Plus snacks and souvenirs throughout the day I'd say I spent about $300 dollars in just one day there. Like I said it's expensive but totally worth it, DS had a great time.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 6:45 PM on May. 15, 2011

• We were there this week. 3 days with hotel AND a military discount on the tickets we spent right at 1500 for a family of 4. That was with eating in the hotel room.

Break down
    room (hotel across the street $140/ night x 3= $420
    Tickets $94 each x 4 = 400(the 3 day park hopper at regular rate is right at $200 each)
    Gas to and from $70
    Souvenirs- $200
    Character Princess lunch $200
    Bippity Boppity Boo makeover $50
    Groceries $100
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 7:28 PM on May. 15, 2011

• We just went 2 months ago and spent a little less than $2000 total. That was tickets (3day hopper), hotel (across the street), food, and gas. And we still had money to buy the kids gifts from there.
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 6:25 PM on May. 17, 2011