What can I do for a husband who won't believe how bad my pregnancy symptoms are?

We own a business together and my DH quite literally won't believe how sick I am. He hears me throwing up half the time and says "please stop with the theatrics". I'm throwing up 10-12 times a night and a little less during the day. I had to be rehydrated at the hospital whilst he was visiting customers but of course he says I must have over-reacted. I haven't slept in almost 2 nights and my husband just keeps poking fun at me and saying people get pregnant every day. We're quite young, 19 and he's 24 so I'm not sure if I'm just making a fuss, and I'm not sure how much I can do any more business wise, he keeps telling me I started it (I did and I keep wanting him to throw him out of it right now) and that it's my responsibility to keep on top of it and he will not help me any extra as pregnancy is not a disability. He literally does nothing except for the "fun bits" and I'm sick and tired of this, I may as well be alone, but then I feel bad, he used to be so wonderful before this and it seemed such a good idea to bring his expertise into my business once we were married.

Any ideas? I got a note from the doctor and gave it to him but he just went on about me "CONNING!!" them, I literally am finding it hard to keep my eyes open right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:58 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Health

• Do some research on morning sickness and give it to him to read, medical reports and that sort of thing.

Answer by older at 6:01 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Well, I know what I would tell my husband.. LOL! Bill Cosby used to have a comedy act about pregnancy. You should show him that!

Here's one where he shows how men would be if they got pregnant: Bill Cosby - Men Pregnant

Childbirth 1,   Childbirth 2

He still cracks me up!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:02 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Men just don't understand...
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 6:04 PM on May. 15, 2011

• He's an idiot. Take him to the docs with you & let them explain it to him!!! Pregnancy is not a disability, but it is a condition... and the symptoms have to be treated like any othercondition or you will end up in the hospital or possibly harming the baby's health. You need to put your foot down and only do what you are able... screw him if he can't handle it!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:04 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Bring him to the doctor and have the doctor show him or explain it. I had to do that I threw up so much I got a hernia and had to be rehydrated a couple times for both pregnancies let him come and tell him if I am really conning you come to the doctor and prove it?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:05 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I know how you feel---my husband was just a
    bout that insensitive when I was pregnant with the first baby. I was too sick to protest....but I gave him Hell about it a few months later. I don't know what you can do other than asking your OB to tell him how wrong he is. Sometimes husbands will listen to an outside source, a MAN....know what I mean? I hope you can find a way to "enlighten him"....if he stays that insensitive, you won't be happy. You deserve better! Good luck.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 6:05 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Wow if he is this supportive now i hate to see how he is when baby comes!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 6:05 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I went through the same thing. And so has my sisters, men dont understand. they are jerks. Take him with you to the doctors office and then get him one of those fake bellies for men.
    styhmMommy

Answer by styhmMommy at 6:06 PM on May. 15, 2011

• hes in denial! what a jerk! but make him take you the doctor then
    KColeman90

Answer by KColeman90 at 6:07 PM on May. 15, 2011

• what an ass. You need to focus on you right now, so if that means that you pack your bags and go stay with family, friends or a hotel, then do so. You need sleep. How can he hear you throw up and act so calloused? what an ass. Good thing you posted anon, other wise you might have ended up with you husband being hunted down by a raid of angry woman.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 6:12 PM on May. 15, 2011