When u got an ultrasound did your doctor e you drink so many ounces of water then hold it? Why do they do that?

when I was pregnant with my first dd and I got an ultrasound they didn't do it for the internal, but when I got it done after that I had to drink I think 32 ounces of water and hold it for I think an hour. Why do you have to do that? The doctor I have now that I also had with baby number 2 he doesn't have you hold it. He actually has you go before doing it since he checks your urine while there. He has the machine in his office. To wear the first time around the doctor I had didn't so I had to go to the hospital to have it done. Everyone keeps asking if I am having twins because of how big I am already. 27 weeks and 50 pounds. Well if he is having me empty my bladder is it possible that he can be missing the other baby because of my bladder not being full and it being harder to see? I have had 4 ultrasounds already, but you can't even tell what it is in the picture doesn't even look like a baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Filling your bladder will make your bladder push your uterus up higher in the pelvis so that it is easier to see with the ultrasound.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 6:11 PM on May. 15, 2011

• That's just it, the doctor should make you hold the water so that he can see the baby, or see how many you are having. Good luck with your children and the new baby. :)
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 6:12 PM on May. 15, 2011

• to fill your blader so tehy can get a look at baby better but i niver dune it as i just sicked it up and my scans were ok
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 8:00 PM on May. 15, 2011