Online dating

just looking for those that have had experience with it. i have done it in the past but i am back to trying it again. i am just looking to see how hard it was for someone to get back into dating again after being out of it for awhile. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• God it sucked. I went on a date with a guy who looked nothing like his picture. He had yellow and missing teeth. All he did was bitch about paying chld support to his ex.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 6:18 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I did it when I was single. I met a few different guys, but none were keepers. It seemed to me like it was a big game. I met one guy at a restaurant and he actually said, "I am so glad you are not fat, because I would have just left if you were". I was like, "So, you have no desire to actually get to know a person deeper than the outside?" Anyway, since I remarried there is only one guy that I met online that I will still keep in touch with because he turned out to be a great friend. The rest, notta.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:19 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I was on a couple sites when I was single. I went on a few dates, but didn't really meet any quality guys that I had a connection with. That said, my brother did it and he's an excellent catch (owns his own house, has a high paying stable job, really nice guy, not bad looking, etc).
    I had better luck meeting guys at school, work.

Answer by missanc at 6:22 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I met my husband online. All the guys I met were nice. I did it this way. Exchange an email or two, but then I wanted a phone call. If that went well, I asked to met for a small period of time such as for coffee at a very public place. I didn't like the idea of dragging out a meeting.
    I did so well meeting my husband that several years later when my sister was ready to date after her divorce, she tried it as well. She is now married to a very nice man she met online.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:35 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I have thought about trying to date online,but all of the guys are looking for supermodels, even at my age. So I just don't try.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 6:40 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I met my hubby online almost 13 years ago! It wasnt a dating site, but ICQ chat program. He was just a random person that I messaged, and things went from there. We chatted on there for a while, started talking on the phone, then met in person.

Good luck, it might be easier than you think! :)
    MommaRoxanne

Answer by MommaRoxanne at 9:04 PM on May. 15, 2011

• that's how I met DH almost 8 years ago.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 10:29 PM on May. 15, 2011

• i did it and had a great time with it, BUT i was constantly told time and time again that i was not like all the other women out there in the online dating world lol. i took the blunt approach- like straight up in my profile i stated that i was a single mother who was taking care of myself and my daughter independently, that i didn't want a sugar daddy, etc. there's so many stigma's with single moms dating, and even dating online, that i wanted to weed out as many men as possible in the beginning. so i was blunt about who i was and what i was/wasn't looking for. i didn't waste time and didn't go out with just anyone. i would have to make sure there was a strong enough connection to meet face to face, and obviously never brought my dd along. good luck and have fun :)
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 11:36 PM on May. 15, 2011

• The only advice that I have is that I wouldn't try to find a guy on facebook. My sister did that 3 to 4 times, none of them were any good. The first one beated her, the second one cheated on her, the third one cheated and abused her (off and on relationship and dangling marriage then dumping her over and over again), and the last one neglected and abandon her in an unfamiliar location she's never been in before. If I was anyone searching for a guy online, I would do some background checking, even if it is to know that the guy is who he says he is.
    FoxyLove

Answer by FoxyLove at 12:07 AM on May. 16, 2011

• thanks. i will give it a try and see where it leads me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:10 PM on May. 16, 2011