I need a religion - I can't find one - I feel so hopeless all the time, do I need sorting in the head or what?

I am literally lost, I've never had a religion but I've looked into every single one, well all the ones that are available to me. I've read the Quran, the bible, the book of mormon etc etc and I can't find a religion that I think is the truth. My DH passed away years ago and I am left with little children and a HUGE fear of death, fear of my children dying, fear of myself dying, fear of everything. I'm going out of my mind, I think in this post I'm asking to be preached at. If you CAN convince of your religion then please DO! I need one, so desperately. I have a life without hope right now, honestly. It's scary. I go to a grief counsellor but everything seems meaningless without religion.

Please help ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am praying right now for Your Heavenly Father to draw you to Him. He made you, He loves you, He wants a relationship with you. He wants you to see that He is all you need. And He is the one thing that can never be taken away from you.

Don't just read your Bible, cry out to your Father in Heaven, to Jesus Christ, and ask for Him to reveal Himself to you. Pray and tell Him how you need Him. He is a gentlemen and He won't force Himself on you, but if you invite Him in He will flood you with His love.

Then read Psalm 139 and Psalm 57

If you want to talk more, please pm me!
    beelive

Answer by beelive at 6:24 PM on May. 15, 2011

• How do you know that your life is meaning less without religion if you have never had a religion?
    Life takes on the meaning you give it, if you lost your husband, it should have taught you that life is way too fragile and unpredictable and you should live your life to the fullest because of this. I think what you need is time to mourn your loss and let that heal a bit before you go relying on any one religion, besides you don't need any religion to have faith in God, you can also have a personal relationship with God.

Answer by older at 6:24 PM on May. 15, 2011

• My point is that it isn't about a religion. It is about a relationship with God. He speaks to us through the Bible and He hears our prayers. He is with you right now, but you can't see Him. He longs for you to reach out to Him.

He knows exactly how you feel. Jesus was a man of suffering, acquainted with grief. He is our Comforter. He is your Healer

In the Bible you will find that the Lord is often called a name describing what He does:

Jehovah Rapha means the Lord our Healer.
    El Shadai means God All Sufficient
    Jehovah Jirah means the Lord Provides
    Jehovah Shalom means the Lord our Peace
    Jehovah Tsidkenu means the Lord our Righteousness
    Jehovah Shammah means the Lord is There

To look at His name is to see His character. This is who He is for all generations. This is who He is for you!
    beelive

Answer by beelive at 6:30 PM on May. 15, 2011

• If you are really feeling the need to have a specific religion in your life I would meet with the clergy of different religions. Speak with them, ask questions, see how they answer and if the answers fit your needs. If nothing appeals then keep looking - someone out there will eventually appeal to you.

Healing, especially from the death of a spouse, takes time. My religion tackles it in stages spacing if from a few days, then 7 days, a month, then a year. But the actual grief is personal and DH reacted to FIL's death differently than his sisters or his mom; just as my 3 kids took it differently.

May you find the peace you are seeking.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:31 PM on May. 15, 2011

• In my opinion you need good friends to lean on and to find your spirituality. I suggest something along the lines that focuses on your inner strength and calming. People rely on faith in order to get them through hard times. I hope it helps.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 6:32 PM on May. 15, 2011

• First find the reasons you feel you NEED a religion to give life meaning. Find what makes life meaningful to you, and then move forward from there.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:33 PM on May. 15, 2011

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMxKrwqp_4Y

I want to share this song with you. It is my favorite song right now. It is called Take Heart and the lyrics are powerful, the song is amazing.

beelive

Answer by beelive at 6:35 PM on May. 15, 2011

• There is a light
    It burns brighter than the sun
    He steals the night
    And casts no shadow
    There is hope
    Should oceans rise and mountains fall
    He never fails

[Chorus:]
    So take heart
    Let His love lead us through the night
    Hold on to hope
    And take courage again

[Verse 1:]
    In death by love
    The fallen world was overcome
    He wears the scars of our freedom
    In His Name
    All our fears are swept away
    He never fails
    beelive

Answer by beelive at 6:36 PM on May. 15, 2011

• All our troubles
    And all our tears
    God our hope
    He has overcome

All our failure
    And all our fear
    God our love
    He has overcome
    All our heartache
    And all our pain
    God our healer
    He has overcome

All our burdens
    And all our shame
    God our freedom
    He has overcome

All our troubles
    And all our tears
    God our hope
    He has overcome

All our failures
    And all our fear
    God our love
    He has overcome

God our justice
    God our grace
    God our freedom
    He has overcome

God our refuge
    God our strength
    God is with us
    He has overcome
    beelive

Answer by beelive at 6:38 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Have you looked into Buddhism?
    .Wildflower.

Answer by .Wildflower. at 6:42 PM on May. 15, 2011