How would you feel?

Okay, my husband's friend just got BACK into a relationship with the father of her second child. When the baby was one month old, this jerk beat her, and left a bruise on the baby because he was crying. First of all, I have half a mind to call CPS on her for getting back with him. Anyway, my husband gets all upset that she's back with him (I'm upset too, but I think he cares a little too much) and proceeds to tell her off, delete her from FB, and everything else. They texted back and forth for a few minutes, and then she called him. He refused to answer. She left a message asking him to call her. He didn't. 10 minutes later, they are texting again, and he gets up, goes outside, halfway down the driveway to the van (where he can't be heard) and calls her back! Okay, I'm fine that he's upset. Good for him not wanting a friend to be in a relationship with an abuser. I get that. But I seriously feel disrespected that my dh felt the need to take this conversation WAY out of earshot!!! Am I being a bitch or was that as suspicious as it felt?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• No, I would be pissed. There is no reason why he needs to be talking privately to her unless he is hiding something. Sorry.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 6:22 PM on May. 15, 2011

• It's pretty damn shady that you couldn't hear a conversation he was having with a friend he's a bit too involved with on an emotional level. If your woman's intuition is sending up red flags it's usually right.
    tattooedmama126

Answer by tattooedmama126 at 6:24 PM on May. 15, 2011

• You have the right to be upset... But I dont like for my dh to have friends that are girls because then they tend to want more than just a friendship. So dats my point of view. I say tell him to stop worrying so much Bout her.
    LARRYSWiiFE

Answer by LARRYSWiiFE at 6:25 PM on May. 15, 2011

• That's why I won't even flirt with men with female friends. Point blank!
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 6:33 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I agree, there was no reason for him to get out of ear shot of you to talk to her unless there is something fishy going on. Someone needs to protect those children from the abuser.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 6:35 PM on May. 15, 2011

• A little too close of a friendship, I believe. Trust your instincts! And the only reason one would leave the room to make a call is because its private. They are wrong!

dmr73059

Answer by dmr73059 at 6:47 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Well... are you and the kids home right now? It's possible that he was going to yell at the friend and possibly use some harsh language so he walked away so you guys didn't have to hear it.

DH takes his conversations outside all the time. It's never bothered me because I trust him and I know he hates talking inside with all the noise in our apt sometimes.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 6:48 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I would also feel that way. I would wonder what's up.

Keva1990

Answer by Keva1990 at 7:26 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I would also wonder whats going on/ or be pissed ..
    ashes27165

Answer by ashes27165 at 7:28 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Ya, I would feel how you do. I would wonder why he is so upset about her getting back together with this guy. My dh would not act like that over his "friends"
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 7:42 PM on May. 15, 2011