MOMS WITH 4 YEAR OLDS ONLY PLEASE How late do you allow your?

4 year old stay up during the week when school is in session?

How about during Summer vacation? Do you keep them on the same routine or let them stay up later?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 6:30 PM on May. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• My 4yo just turned 5 but bedtime didn't change. Bedtime for everyone under 10 is 7:30, wake up is 5 am. I don't have kids of my own under ten but I will watch kids on week nights and they stay up until 9. My oldest DD has a really hard time getting motivated in the morning, so she has about 2 and a half hours to get ready for school.

Times do not change for weekends or breaks. If I did that, monday always brings home a pink slip from her teacher.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 8:46 PM on May. 15, 2011

• My son starts getting ready for bed at 8 and in bed by 9. We do the same during the summer unless sometthing is going on because my husband and i work really early in the morning.
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 6:38 PM on May. 15, 2011

• DD is 3 and a half and her brother is 6. They have the same schedule. Bed time at 7:30-8 and awake at 6:45 school days and they 'sleep in' to 7 on weekends.(It horrifies me that 'sleeping in' is 7 am! lol) Bedtime is consistent.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:42 PM on May. 15, 2011

• it depend on when we have to get up.... I let him stay up later in the summer b/c we don't have to get up and out of the house.
    (I don't only have a 4 yr old though.... I also have a 7 year old... so am I allowed to answer this question?)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:44 PM on May. 15, 2011

• My four year old goes to bed at 7 p.m. Occasionally he gets to stay up and watch Funniest Home Videos on Sunday (NOT today)! It stays the same no matter what. Daniel is an early riser and gets up at 6:30 a.m. no matter what time he goes to bed. During the summer, because of playing hard outside, he is usually exhausted by 7 p.m. and falls right to sleep.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:52 PM on May. 15, 2011

• My 4 yr old is home schooled but hes in bed by 8 and usually asleep by 8:30 after story time and singing him to sleep. My 13 month old is normally asleep between 9:30-10 depending on how many naps she wants to take during the day and both are up around 9 every morning. Gosh I wish I was home schooled!
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 6:57 PM on May. 15, 2011

• My kids all have the same bedtime. School 8:30 pm. Summer 9:30.. mine are 8, 6 & 4.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 7:01 PM on May. 15, 2011

• my 4 year old is ready for bed at 6:30 and sleep no later than 7:45 because thats what time his father goes to bed. It mostly depends on what time you have to get them up in the morning.
    thelovelymzbre

Answer by thelovelymzbre at 7:29 PM on May. 15, 2011

• My 4 year old usually goes to sleep at 8:30pm (same as her 2 younger siblings). Sometimes if we are out of the house then later. Summer its usually 9.
    vbaby1

Answer by vbaby1 at 8:10 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I keep him on the same schedule. Bedtime is 8, but he usually plays around for a while.
    GothicChk52

Answer by GothicChk52 at 8:28 PM on May. 15, 2011