How do you tell a good friend that ,Yes you are controlling? Her personality runs people away, yet I can't seem to tell her. She don't hear it and will argue that no she is not! I think it hopeless. Any suggestions?

dmr73059

Asked by dmr73059 at 6:33 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• The best you can do is nicely talk to her about it, and she can take it or leave it. I believe it's important for friends to be able to listen to one another. I have approached my friend about things I did not like and we talked about it, but I realize a lot of people either approach in the wrong way, or get defensive if anyone tries to talk to them about things like that. If you feel like it's important enough of an issue, talk to her about it.
    Keva1990

Answer by Keva1990 at 7:23 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I too have a friend like that. After hearing her whining about man and family issues for the millionth time, I told her, "Look, I love you enough to be honest with you, your problem is your choices period." She wasn't too happy about hearing that, but she's slowly coming around since her divorce left her bitter and mean. Sure she didn't call me for a few days, but she got over it. If your friend is a real friend, she'll understand that you love her enough to be honest with her. If you really cannot stand it, then you may have to do the thing that's very hard for us women to do, and that's breakup with a BFF. Good luck.
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 10:29 PM on May. 16, 2011