Best way to start off a diet and fitness plan?

I got the go ahead from my dr to exercise and lose weight. So quickest way to lose weight and best exercise? I will push! I would like to lose 60lbs by the end of the by my birthday Sept 29. Help please!

ILoveAsherAthan

Asked by ILoveAsherAthan at 6:37 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I would just start do you have an exercise plan?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:39 PM on May. 15, 2011

• He just said that at least an hour of cardio a day... I get bored easily and was hoping someone would have a sur efire way of sticking to it.
    ILoveAsherAthan

Comment by ILoveAsherAthan (original poster) at 6:41 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I got a memebership to the YMCA with a friend of mine ( I neede the moral support) and we go three times a week at least...usually more and it is so fun and I have meet so many wonderful people I love it. Going with a friend also helped me to follow thru and go otherwise I don't know that I would have been so motivated. I have been going for 2 weeks now and this is my 3rd. I am headed to Canada in 3 weeks and want to look good so that is my motivation for now. I want my mom ( who I am visiting) to notice how good I look to get her motivated too. She is a little overweight and I want to show her what hard work can do. By the time that I go to see her I would have done my routine for 5 weeks which i hope is long enough for results.
    full_house

Answer by full_house at 6:43 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Whatever workout you start make sure you do them in the morning, get it out of the way and continue to burn calories throughout the day. If you have never exercise I suggest you start slow and work your way up there. You can walk, starting with a mile and working yourself up to at least 4 or 5 miles a day, make whatever you choose a habit, and remember consistency pays off. Along with this cut down in portion size and carbs, test out menus and see what works for you. Good luck!

Answer by older at 6:45 PM on May. 15, 2011

• He just said that at least an hour of cardio a day??? What kind of doc did you see??? If you are just starting you should do like 20 minutes of cardio a day and work up to that!! Sounds like a quack!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:46 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I've said before and I'll say it again. I swear by sparkpeople.com. I had such great luck with them! They really break it down for you and get you off on your way!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 6:51 PM on May. 15, 2011

• thanks everyone!
    ILoveAsherAthan

Comment by ILoveAsherAthan (original poster) at 8:34 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Weight Watchers works and I exercise for free at the community center.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 11:04 PM on May. 15, 2011

• weight watchers really really works...all neew system so its easier points wise & it so works...ive been on a month & im doin great almost 5 pounds a week & im not working out every day so its awesome i think & u can sign up 4 free right now
    notthamama

Answer by notthamama at 2:26 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Combination of Sparkpeople and Weight Watchers for me. I need Weight Watchers to keep me in line. I have to go to the meetings and be accountable for myself.
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 9:22 PM on May. 16, 2011