MIRENA IUD, just fell out....need HELP! adult content

ok so ive said on here before how i bleed the day AFTER sex, but its only ONE day and not HEAVY at ALL, guess you can call it spotting. OK so i made an appt to get it removed...tomorrow is my appt. and just 30min ago it fell out!!!! ive been bleeding/cramping/headaches since LAST SUNDAY due to sex on sat...which is WEIRD because its never lasted this long, just a DAY and im sure its not my period because i havent had one since the iud got put in last january. so it fell out, of course im FREAKD out because its GROSS! and i called my dr offc, and the nurse operator said she was going to contact the on-call doctor, so he calls back...says its fine and just come in to see my dr on my scheduled appt tomorrow??? ok sooooooooooooooooooooooooo is alll this normal???? im a first time MIRENA USER and after tomorrow DEFENANTLY the last TIME EVER i will get this CRAP!

****DETAILS*************i forgot to mention that, when it came out, its coverd in a shell like jell-o feeling blood...its WEIRD thats why im freakin out....im not sure if its normal to come out like that or if its just suppose to be the iud by itself...the reason i kno its my iud because i can see the tips of it sticking out the giant blood clot ( i guess u can call it a blood clot?)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on May. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yep, it's normal. When i got mine, they told me that sometimes they fall out. But, mine never did. Stop freaking out, it's OK.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:48 PM on May. 15, 2011

• ive never heard of it 'just falling out' weird. .. nah its not normal!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 6:49 PM on May. 15, 2011

• it is normal. My gyno told me all about it when i got mine inserted. She even said that sometimes women aren't even aware that it falls out, which is why they say to check once a month to see if the strings are still in there.

There are some factors that might make it fall out, like if you had a baby not long ago. They also say that it's most likely to happen within the first year. After that year, it's very rare that they fall out because the cervix builds up a kind of plug that keeps it in place more.

I love mine, but i have had no problems with it at all.
    Anonymous

• You have an appointment tomorrow, and the foreign body that was likely causing the problems has been expelled so, if I were in your shoes, at this point, I would try to relax, and just see the doctor tomorrow.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:45 PM on May. 15, 2011

• it can happen...calm down!
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 7:56 PM on May. 15, 2011

• i had the same one and loved it not having to worry bout the pill or getting a shot or anything else i had to have mine removed once because my doc cut the stings too short and when i went in for my check up she didnt see or feel the strings she thought it could have puntcured through my uturs!!! that wasnt the case and i had a new one placed in and had it taken out 3yrs after haveing it placed in! dont freak out totally normal and your apt is tomorrow good luck!
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 8:04 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Sounds like you may have gotten pregnant and the embryo attatched to & grew around your IUD and you lost it maybe. Put it in a plastic baggie and take it along for the doctor to see.
    Anonymous

• It does happen. Mine just came out.
    josiahmom

Answer by josiahmom at 10:20 AM on Feb. 9, 2013

• Crazy but I was using the bathroom I've been having cramps lately I haven't been active but something told me to check it and I felt the string very low as well so I give it a little tug to make sure it's still and place and lord behold it comes out scared the hell out of me
    Honeyloveable

Answer by Honeyloveable at 1:27 AM on Oct. 12, 2013