Military wives what can I do?

husband just came home. he still cuddles and kisses. does sweet things for me for no reason. but when he gets mad he loses it. goes nuts. i love him. how do i help him. no trouble with superiors. just help for his anger. no judging please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• encourage him to see someone for his problems. if it's PTSD, it will only get worse if it's left unresolved. i'm going through the exact same thing with my husband, who is just now beginning treatment, and his overseas tour was 3 years ago.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:57 PM on May. 15, 2011

• It really depends on how violent he gets. Nothing is worth your children thinking it is ok for a man to hit a woman. Verbal is pretty bad too, but if you can convince him to get some sort of help, even going to the VFW to talk to some of the retired vets helps sometimes without the label the guys are worried about getting or the medical discharge, then it might be worth sticking it out. I hope it gets better soon
    Queen0Hearts

Answer by Queen0Hearts at 7:22 PM on May. 15, 2011

• If he just got home, time may help. Counseling would be great but he might need some time more than anything.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:02 PM on May. 15, 2011

• time, and addressing the PTSD if that's even a part of it. I hope there's nothing violent going on, because then my advice would be completely different, but I would just let him know I am a resource for him, I want to help his adjustment, and I would probably due this when spending some quality quiet time together when things are calms tell him I want to know what his goals/hopes/dreams are now that he's home etc. He may bring up issues, or you may find a way to ask. Even if it's not during that initial convo, maybe during check in convos.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 9:19 PM on May. 15, 2011