Closing and awarding best answers

I saw a post about closing questions and giving a reward for best answers.
Do I need to go back and do this for all my past questions?
I guess, I miss or never saw that part of this program.

Do you do this?

SassySue123

Asked by SassySue123 at 6:57 PM on May. 15, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Just earlier today I finally closed out all my old questions. I choose a Best Answer most of the time so a couple of people got the email today for a questions I asked in February? It felt good to close all those old questions.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:26 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I do it, but you don't have to.... You could give me a best answer right now... Lol! :p
    SonyaNaomi

Answer by SonyaNaomi at 6:58 PM on May. 15, 2011

• You can if you want. It's not required.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:00 PM on May. 15, 2011

• It's not something required, but it does give the chosen answerer 10 bonus points... Some questions are much easier to award a best answer on than others, though. :)
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 7:02 PM on May. 15, 2011

• you don't have to..i will after a few days.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:11 PM on May. 15, 2011

• You do not have to, but I do it every time, don't want to have a ton of unclosed questions and people who deserve the best answer should get it.

Answer by older at 7:28 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I definitely think that you should award a best answer and give your question closure.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:33 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I always close and give best answer unless all the answers are good, then I feel bad giving best answer to just one person. That's only happened once and out of respect to everyone I just closed the question.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:46 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I tried to keep up for a while, but always seemed to forget and fall behind. Usually I would close my questions in a fit of boredom. Right now, I'm overwhelmed with them - so I'll just have to wait until the next time I literally have nothing better to do. It's not necessary, but I'm the kind of person who is bothered by it. It's like I have loose ends that need to be tied.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:59 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I hate you right now, OP. Thanks to this post, I couldn't stop thinking about all my open questions. So, I spent the last 19 minutes rushing to close them all - so that I could rest easy.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:22 AM on May. 16, 2011