How do I keep my feelings in check when I feel that my husband doesn't understand what I am going through with not being able to conceive?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Honestly, there is no way to keep ur feelings in check!! U r goin through ALOT and he is goin to have to understand that...but at the same time u r goin to have to understand that he is hurting too...Make sure u talk about ur situation...that always helped me when I was trying to conceive...
    mommytobee0611

Answer by mommytobee0611 at 7:29 PM on May. 15, 2011

• i agree with mommytobee, sometimes there are situations in life when your emotions just cant be hidden and this might be one of them. not being able to have a baby is a huge stress on the woman, and the man. just try to remember the reason that your ttc, because you love each other and want to make a beautiful child together, that sometimes can be lost in the journey. just try to do the best you can when explaining how you feel about it, but make sure to be open to his feelings also. sorry i didnt mean to ramble, i hope this helps
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 8:08 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Find someone else to vent to! Sometimes men have a hard time understanding that we just need to vent - they want to fix it. Sometimes, too, its hard for someone who is also very involved in the situation to listen to venting about it. So, find a sympathetic irl or online friend to vent with. Then you can talk with your husband, but not as often & maybe not quite so emotionally & he'll hopefully have an easier time with it.
    GwenMB

Answer by GwenMB at 10:55 PM on May. 15, 2011

• dont keep it to urself u need to have an understanding w/ himm maybe even counseling while trying to conceive
    momtobe522

Answer by momtobe522 at 2:10 PM on May. 16, 2011