Cleaning the house if you stay at home or work outside the home....

Do you think that you make more of a mess to clean if you stay home or if you work outside your home?
I often wonder if my house would stand a better chance of staying clean if we wern't home all day. I don't find being home all day helps with house work at all! for me anyway.

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 7:31 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I stay home and I can't get a handle on the mess either. I think part of it depends on the age of the kids, size of the house and what the schedule is like. I have two boys, ages 4 and 5 and a spoiled husband. Both kids have preschool on opposite schedules, add in play dates, t-ball, soccer and all of the household errands...there isn't much time left in my day. And at the end of it, once the kids go to bed I don't want to clean - I'm tired. I want to have a glass of wine and watch mindless television. So, please don't worry, you are not alone.
    romanojm

Answer by romanojm at 10:13 PM on May. 15, 2011

• My house was way cleaner when I was at home.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 7:42 PM on May. 15, 2011

• nope..as a 1st-yr sahm, i can attest to the fact that my house stays cleaner/more organized now, than when i worked fulltime. nothing gets piled up for the weekend now..its a constant state of cleaning.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:34 PM on May. 15, 2011

• In my opinion, I think that someone that stays at home all day is alot cleaner than the one that works outside the home...at my house that is the case...I stay home and make sure the house is clean and the meals are cooked but as soon as he gets home he throws his things by the door and it looks like I haven't done anything in the house...
    mommytobee0611

Answer by mommytobee0611 at 7:39 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Lucky! I can't seem to get into the swing of things since being home with my kids and my oldest is almost 7. I'm looking to hear that I'm not alone! lol I have 4 kids with the youngest being 2 months, almost. My house can get away from me in just one day of not keeping absolutely up on what needs to be done and then it takes forever to get it back! Doesn't help when the girls wake before me and get into the candy bin, that has a tupperware lid that's hard to open and is ontop of the fridge! Candy wrappers everywhere, that or granola bar wrappers and cereal spilt on the floor.
    AmandaH321

Comment by AmandaH321 (original poster) at 7:41 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I think my house is alot cleaner being a sahm cuz I'm always home and always cleaning so it stays clean ...... Well for like 10 minutes at a time! Having a 4, 2, and 10 month old the house needs picking up very often lol! Plus a husband thats pretty much like another k34 to pick up after lol!
    vbaby1

Answer by vbaby1 at 8:06 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Allright then I guess my question should have been how do you do it then??? I mean with running here and there, kids dropped off for bus, dd picked up because she's half days and then back to the bus after school. Visiting my grandma atleast once a week. Grovery shopping, gymnastics, hockey and soccer, playgroups. We are literally home to drop stuff off and then back out again.
    so seriously how do you do it? Plus when we actually are home we're painting, coloring any number of things. Where do you find the time to take a moment for yourself to breath and then do all the other stuff with the kids around?
    AmandaH321

Comment by AmandaH321 (original poster) at 8:18 PM on May. 15, 2011

• My house was cleaner when I was a SAHM. I only do the big cleaning on weekends but straighten up during the week.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:36 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Thank you romanojm your answer is just what I needed to hear! I am so frustrated that I can't keep up with things and all our activities. Then to hear how nice and rosey it is for other moms' is like another slap in the face as to how I can't do everything.
    AmandaH321

Comment by AmandaH321 (original poster) at 8:45 AM on May. 17, 2011