dental health

Whats it like to get braces? What is the process before they put em on?

MarGeee

Asked by MarGeee at 10:43 AM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Health

• Sometimes they put spacers in to make room for the anchoring of the braces. The spacers used to be just like rubber bands, but my children had braces several years ago so things may have changed. It may hurt a little bit at first. And they may have to be cleaned with little tiny brush gadgets. A good bite and healthy tooth placement will help with overall health.

Answer by Bmat at 11:10 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Ouch sounds painful =[ I'm hoping to get it done though.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 11:16 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• It may just feel like you have something caught between your teeth. The orthodontist will likely take care of you so there is no great discomfort. Good luck! :)

Answer by Bmat at 1:22 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• If you do get spacers, make sure that if one falls out, go get it replaced asap. Mine broke like 2 days before I was to get braces (I think they leave them in for like a week or so) and my teeth went back together. The dentist almost broke my jaw trying to get the cap on.
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 9:25 PM on Dec. 6, 2008