Getting a job while pregnant?

would you even try to get a job at 32wks pregnant, and if so where? my husband lost his job so i feel like i need to get one but at the same time where is going to hire me knowing i have to leave for 8 weeks IN 8 weeks?m

mommiewife11

Asked by mommiewife11 at 7:38 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Money & Work

• if you can afford to not work, you should just wait..and probably shorten you maternity 'leave', if dh is still jobless.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:39 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I sell and sold Tastefully Simple while I was pregnant....twice!! Its great because you can make your own schedule, you only work 2 hours at a time...and you work usually from 6:30 to 8:30pm so you shouldn't be too tired. I would love to send you info if you are interested. I absolutely LOVE it!!!
    joinTStoday

Answer by joinTStoday at 7:40 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Maybe you can try to get some assignments with temp agencies.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:43 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I will not try it but if you have to then go though some temp place and find something. Good Luck
    bigmama224

Answer by bigmama224 at 7:45 PM on May. 15, 2011

• you could do many things like selling scentsyor pampered chef or avon etc and make as much or as little time for it as you want - you could work during your leave if your felt good
    nurse_maya

Answer by nurse_maya at 7:52 PM on May. 15, 2011

• No I wouldn't try any traditional job. No one in their right mind is going to hire you just 8 weeks before delivery. Good luck though. Were in the same situation.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 7:57 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Have you ever thought about working from home? I work from home online and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3½ year old son, and 2 year old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! We have free training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping Families Achieve Their Goals Since 1999!
    Visit my website to get all the details.
    www.OurCEOMom.com

Get to know our team on Facebook: www.LikeInternetCEOMoms.com
    We are the largest group of Women working from Home online!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 8:40 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Honestly, they aren't going to hire anyone that close..HOWEVER that said you should try WAH.

I have a Business WIth Prepaid Legal Services and in all honesty something BOTH of you can do, b/c its not food, makeup, jewelry or skin care and it pays BETTER THAN ANYTHING else you will find..and you can both be SAHParents with the new baby....PLUS

The Services will help you immensely right now. and with our team and support and training you can't go wrong!
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 8:42 AM on May. 16, 2011

• don't most of those things-work from home types-have start up costs?
    mommiewife11

Comment by mommiewife11 (original poster) at 10:47 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Great Opportunity to work from home, on your schedule for a gift basket and flower company.
    We are not a mlm.
    Complete Training
    No inventory or shipping hassles
    Bi-weekly pay.
    $1.97 for 7-day trial, then $19.95 a month, and make $15.00 for each person under you.
    3 ways to make money:
    Recruiting
    Sales
    Corporate Membership
    Visit my website:
    www.mylabellabaskets.com/melissada.html
    PM me for more info. or visit my website.
    Have a wonderful day!
    Melissa :-)
    NewYorkMommy74

Answer by NewYorkMommy74 at 4:04 PM on May. 16, 2011