Why does my week old baby have sulfur burps?

I'm feeding her both formula and breastmilk. Last night she drank some prepared formula that had been sitting out for about 6 hours, not sure if that's why, but I haven't eaten anything that made my stomach upset. I put her on a sensitive formula because the stuff they gave her in the hospital gave her diarrhea and it's been working for the last 2 days... but now this. Please help, dr not open til tommorrow.

arealmichelle

Asked by arealmichelle at 7:43 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Kids' Health

• you gave her 6 hour old milk? .. was it in the fridge?
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 7:54 PM on May. 15, 2011

• If the formula was sitting out for 6 hours, it probably went bad and that could be causing your child's issues.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:00 PM on May. 15, 2011

• if you did give her milk that wasnt in the fridge .. it went bad, it says on the formula can and just common sense not to drink after 1 hour.. would YOU drink a glass of milk that was sitting on the counter for 6 hours???
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 8:06 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Then go to the ER! You gave your baby old milk, of course she's going to be sick! You can't give a baby formula that has been sitting out for that long. Maybe while you're at the ER they can give you some info on parenting classes.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the above. Could be the milk. I would get her checked out just in case.
    chiquis

Answer by chiquis at 10:45 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Could it be acid reflux ?
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 7:30 AM on May. 16, 2011

• 6 hour old formula. Ick.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:25 PM on May. 16, 2011

• prepared formula has a 1 hour life span outside of the fridge.if its ready use, concentrait or even powder, once its opened or made its 1 hour tops.
    Leelee1008

Answer by Leelee1008 at 10:12 PM on May. 16, 2011

• The old formula is the most likely culprit.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 7:02 AM on May. 17, 2011

• The formula is probably the reason. They should NOT have formula sitting out that long.
    Samanthamommy

Answer by Samanthamommy at 2:02 PM on May. 17, 2011