I would love to start my own clothing business..

has anyone started one before?

Liz4Life

Asked by Liz4Life at 7:45 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Money & Work

• I have deamt about this for about 5 years now, except I don't know how to sew, no formal training in design. Nothing....It's a childhood dream that never materialized. Now i am too far into my current career, too far into my responsibilities to start something like that. It's not really answering your question. But if you have the talent, training and knowledge (on how to make clothes), I would go for it. My only advise, as a business person, to you is get an accountant to help you, if you are not good with numbers/budget, etc.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 10:31 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I''ve thought about starting a used clothing store... I've seen others start up from scratch.. Donations,, i just don't know where I'd start i can't afford to rent a store?? any suggestions??
    meNmine

Answer by meNmine at 10:43 AM on May. 17, 2011

• yea same here, can barely afford cost of living, being in college and all...
    in New York when i got my palms read (lol) they actually lived there at their business...
    so i think in some states this is legal! If you wouldn't mind doing that of course

OR maybe you could have fashion designers rent a window spot in the store to make an income that way..
    i never heard of this before but it makes sense to me since fashion is such a competitive business and they would want their items advertised.

donations would def help, maybe to gain customer support, all items bought would go to a charity of their choice! maybe that would increase sales? it would almost be a nonprofit at that point but i wouldn't care! just a huge dream of mine to do this
    Liz4Life

Comment by Liz4Life (original poster) at 11:21 AM on May. 17, 2011