Should i be concerned?

this may sound silly but i've honestly never had an allergic reaction to anything before except for when i was a kid and found out i can't take amoxicillin due to a rash i break out in.

anyway, immediately after taking a tylenol 500mg earlier i started itching. it was mostly on my boobs, LOL, but its pretty much everywhere from the shoulders down. i just got out of the shower and there are little clusters of raised, red bumps on all the itchy spots. it still itches.

i have absolutely no idea what could've prompted this. i havent changed soaps, detergents or changed a single thing in my diet today. the only thing i did do was touch a leaf in my cucumber garden.

im not sure what to do! does anyone know if it's possible to have an allergy to cucumber plants? ive also been under a lot of stress but i doubt that can cause an itchy breakout??

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 8:31 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Health

• Good job! No more fondling the cucumber plant :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 9:00 PM on May. 15, 2011

• my sister gets a rash all over when shes really stressed out.. but it could be the cucumber y dont you go to the docs? just to make sure.. good luck
    manda28

Answer by manda28 at 8:34 PM on May. 15, 2011

• That's odd. Do you have any Benydryl, if so take that, it'll ease the itchiness.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 8:34 PM on May. 15, 2011

• i cant get to a doc tonight :( morning for sure but i hope this isn't something serious that i should get checked now.. lol. anyway its just me and the kids so im pretty much stuck here tonight. unfortunately no benadryl but i do have claritin
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 8:36 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I don't think it is some sort of emergency but you can become allergic to anything at any time.

Answer by older at 8:38 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Claratin should work. It treats allergies and its side affects to. Read the label and see if itchiness is on there.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 8:42 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Ok claritin is better than nothing but zyrtec would rock, try and take it according to the package. Also do u have any cortisone cream on hand? This will also help u so much until ur able to see Dr. Use cold compress. If rash get worse with the coldness, discontinue.
    get to feeling better
    Esam

Answer by Esam at 8:43 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I love how we all become Dr.'s, lol
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 8:46 PM on May. 15, 2011

• lol thanks ladies! im reading up some info online and apparently if you have fair and sensitive skin (guilty of both) your chances of having reactions to certain plants are higher, and cucumber plants are on the list. so its possible its from that.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 8:52 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I would go and check with a doc.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 9:11 PM on May. 15, 2011