• In the Spotlight:

What was it like for all moms that stayed in the hospital?

When i stayed in the hospital i kinda like and didnt. When i got home i had trouble sleeping in my bed. Cause where i sleep straight up at the hospital. And they helped me with everything. I was at methodist hospital.

Johnsmom211

Asked by Johnsmom211 at 8:34 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I liked being at my house. I was able to do things my way and not someone else's and thats how I like things:)
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:35 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I liked being at the Hospital with the upright bed, the TV in my room, with cable! The help of the hospital staff, having my food brought to me in bed... and I'll be honest, the attention was great to!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:36 PM on May. 15, 2011

• i was supposed to be at one of the best hospitals in michigan.. n i think it was horrible no one helped me at all n i had a c-section even my husband fell asleep on me n my son pooped for the first time n i had to change it.. i loved being at home my mom came n stayed with me i love her.. lol..
    manda28

Answer by manda28 at 8:38 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I was in for 8 days, 5 days prior to having my daughter.........I got bored, esp seeing they wouldnt let me even walk down the hallways etc, but I had a great huge room, my husband could stay on the futon bed, which he did every night, he bought be food from outside the hospital etc so it really wasnt all that bad, once I had her the time went quickly and I was happy to get home, when I got outside and got up to walk I was so disorientated with walking, all the movement, sounds, the day light, it was sooooo bright, it was a very strange feeling.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 8:42 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I HATED being in the hospital, but that was mostly because they kept blowing my veins trying to pump me full of antibiotics... They were about to go into my feet when my fever finally broke. :) My dd spent 4 hours in the nursery during the 4 days I was in the hospital. She was ready to leave LONG before I was. LOL
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 8:42 PM on May. 15, 2011

• i hated the hospital!! my frist one they wanted him to stay for an extra day for no reason.. i refused as soon as the 24 hours were up i was gone! .. my son was perfectly fine. my daughter had to stay for a week, as much as i hated the hospital i never left i was there the entire time.. my son came to visit a lot too. my 3rd one ..he had to stay for 2 days - i left just to go home an shower and feel clean - then stayed until he was sent home..

i just feel dirty in hospitals.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 8:46 PM on May. 15, 2011

• i loved my hosp wit the exception of one nurse she was awful ive nvr been to methodist b4 and havent heard much bout thier maternity word either i went to riverview and my friend went to st vs i liked thier hosp too but im very comfortable with my ob and with after haveing my comps with my dd nd pregowith my 2nd i will go where she goes lol ...mayb you should look into diff hosp or talk to your doc mayb they will have a sloution that works for u
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 8:47 PM on May. 15, 2011

• The first time I stayed in a hospital, after DD was born, I was miserable. I couldn't sleep, I was uncomfortable, I just wanted to go home. It was nothing against the hospital. The staff was nice, the food was actually decent, I had no complaints there. I just wanted to be home, in my bed, with my husband, my dogs, and my new baby. Now, the second time... that's a different story. I was in because I broke my leg and had to have surgery. It was the same hospital, but I swear the bed was more comfortable. (could have been? different area of the hospital for sure) I was also very nervous to go home because I wasn't sure how I was going to get out of bed in the middle of the night to use the restroom. The hospital bed kinda spoiled me because I could use it to help myself get up.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:49 PM on May. 15, 2011

• As a first time mother I really appreciated how each of the nurses in the nursery would give me their opinion when I asked for it.

I was in the recovery ward for over a week, and the hospital is really promoting breastfeeding, so they were very helpful in finding ways to get expressed breastmilk into my baby without using a bottle (ie., cup, syringe). They also accepted that I didn't want the Hep B shot for my baby or the Vitamin drops recommended by the pediatrician. They gave their advice, but they accepted my final decision.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 9:04 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I like it at the hospital. I didnt need to worry about my food. At home I was mostly all alone with my baby.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 9:07 PM on May. 15, 2011