Does anyone have daughters that have started to menstrate??

How long do symptoms start before it happens?
At about what age does it happen?
My  daughter has been having issues with smells an food making her sick to her stomach when we are in public.  I am wondering if she is gonna start menstrating or at least starting the cycle but she is only eight is this possible?

i_am_sum1

Asked by i_am_sum1 at 8:53 PM on May. 15, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• i was in the 5th grade, as did both my daughers. I noticed them maruring physicaly and acne starting.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 8:55 PM on May. 15, 2011

• My best friends DD is 11 and at 10 she started with the moodiness off and on, developed small breast buds (like nearly A) and started needing deodorant. Closer to 11 she had her first pre-menstrual. She spotted for a day or so then it stopped. She has done this about 3 times in the last several months. The ped told my friend this is leading up to her first menstrual in the next year or so.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:58 PM on May. 15, 2011

• My daughter was 11, but my niece was 8. It is possible to pms for years before getting your period.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:03 PM on May. 15, 2011

• So is it safe to say this could possible be pms and she could be on her way to her period? I thought it would hold off because she is super athletic but I guess I was wrong
    i_am_sum1

Comment by i_am_sum1 (original poster) at 9:06 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Um I don't know anything about athletics halting pms... Someone enlighten me?
    SonyaNaomi

Answer by SonyaNaomi at 9:24 PM on May. 15, 2011

• sonya- being very athletic sometimes can stop/slow down periods..

i started my period in the 3rd grade & dont know life before breast. but until after I had my dd (24yo) I had irregular periods.
    If you havent try talking to your dd about it all so if it happens at school or somewhere while she is not home she knows how to handle it & is not embarrassed. My 1st period I was at a friends house. In another town. Spending the week! ... The next time was that summer at my aunts house - again - mom was not around!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:05 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I doubt a symptom of her feeling sick around food, has anything to do with her period. Does she have any other signs? Like developing breasts or acne?
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 10:15 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I have had that talk with her so she knows what to do if Im not around. Thanks for that. @minimo I got like that everytime I got my period but it was anywhere not just in public. I have discussed exactly what she meant by her belly hurt come to find out it was not nausea. I have come to the conclusion that I am going to start keeping track of these happenings thank you all for your imput
    i_am_sum1

Comment by i_am_sum1 (original poster) at 12:27 PM on May. 17, 2011