How did we as kids survive car trips with no portable DVD player!?

lol. I find it funny this is a staple now for traveling with small children. ;0) It's cool they have it. I just find it funny.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 9:06 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I remember reading The Trumpeter Swan by White to my sons on a cross country trip. They loved it. We played games, Sang songs, Talked about things.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:11 PM on May. 15, 2011

• we had bags of road trip games and stuff like that. we always had a ton of activities to do, or me and my brother would fight non stop and it would drive my mom crazy haha a dvd player would have been amazing back then
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 9:11 PM on May. 15, 2011

• We sat in the car quietly and looked out the window... My kids have books, I don't even have a DVD playing in the HOUSE right now let alone the car...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:13 PM on May. 15, 2011

• lol. My kids have never had on a road trip. Even when we wen from Ga to NY. It was just my DS at the time, he was 3, he lived.... we almost didn't ...
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 9:14 PM on May. 15, 2011

• My parents never took me on trips. My first family vacation was when I was 16 and the 9hr car ride SUCKED esp with my 6 year old brother in the car with us..
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 9:17 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Well, you are right about one thing, we survived, but our parents? They turned grey and never went on a road trip with kids again! lol

Totally kidding, but seriously, sometimes they are nice to have! 

squish

Answer by squish at 9:18 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I slept... lol as for my younger siblings the amused themselves by reading, arguing with each other and looking out windows or trying to play a game which led to the arguing.
    so, I went into hibernation since I would get car sick if I read or looked out the window to long. I was also the oldest of seven and we would drive from CO to TN and that's a very very long car ride. It was best just to make it as short as possible by sleeping lol
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 9:23 PM on May. 15, 2011

• That's funny, when I was a kid, they didn't have seat belts in the cars. We would jump around, over and under, lol I can also remember laying at the back window and falling asleep. Times have changed!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 9:28 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Haha, we used to fight over who got to sit on the hump. We don't have portable DVD players. Maybe we should get some.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:33 PM on May. 15, 2011

• We looked out the window and day dreamed or fell asleep. Because if we acted up to much we got in trouble(smacked up side the head).

Answer by louise2 at 9:36 PM on May. 15, 2011