Should I be concerned?

I have a 4 month old and he has a very nasty cough. He has no fever & doesn't show any other signs of a cold. Should I take him to the doctor or ride it out and see what happens?

Dylanmom731

Asked by Dylanmom731 at 11:11 AM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Kids' Health

• Yes with a 4 month old I'd be inclined to take him, especially when it is a bad cough. The doctor may be able to discover what is causing the cough- viral, allergy, etc.

Answer by Bmat at 11:13 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I would call first. What does the cough sound like? Is it flemmy or is it dry? I would try going into the bathroom and running warm water to steam it up, then bring him in there. It might help out but I would still call the doctor to see what they say. Also, since it might be dry in your house get a humidifier and run it at night for him, that would help any congestion that he might have. Good luck!
    Tayandstevenmom

Answer by Tayandstevenmom at 11:15 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• YES ALWAYS TAKE A BABY IN YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT IT COULD BE THERES SO MUCH STUFF AROUND ! CALL THE ADVICE NURSE ASH THEM OR GO ON WEBMD.COM !
    Anonymous

• i would take him in it could be whooping cough that only comes with a cough and nothing else just to be sure rather be to sure then not enough
    Miszsamantha

Answer by Miszsamantha at 12:00 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Call the Ped first...listen for any barking or weezing...if you hear that..take him in.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:47 PM on Dec. 8, 2008