Any ideas for dinners that baby can enjoy with us? (hes starting on big ppl foods!)

My DS is 9 months old and the DR has given the ok to begin feeding him table foods. :)

I like to cook but I don't have much experience or know many recipes... Any ideas? Anything possibly light on the budget would be helpful...

kpincince

Asked by kpincince at 9:25 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• If you do a roast, throw in some sweet potato or pumpkin: that's great food for a little baby. If you have a stew or casserole type meal, Baby can have pieces of potato mushed up, or well-cooked carrot. Just make sure the food you offer is smooth consistency and sloppy. And introduce new foods gradually, in case there's something he doesn't digests well you want to be able to tell what new food might have made him grumpy or gassy or constipated or whatever.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 9:30 PM on May. 15, 2011

• fix any veggie with no seasoning (no reason a baby needs salt) and mash it up or blend it in ur blender...
    sweet potatoes. carrots. avocados.
    Im sure with a lil' research you can find some good info. i love searching blogs to see what other moms are doing.

Good Luck! I first started dd on jarred food. then wanted to make homemade food but EVERYTHING i fixed she refused.
    I could give her home made carrots & gerber carrots & she would chose gerber every time :( next child wont know what jarred food is! LOL
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:50 PM on May. 15, 2011

• My suggestion...buy a $10 mini food processor and throw whatever you are eating to blend for the baby. No need to plan a whole lot extra. It is a great way to use leftovers, too. You can make a couple extra bowls of food for baby to have later.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:10 PM on May. 15, 2011

• http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/babyledweaning.htm lot's of ideas here.

My son ate what we ate.

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:21 PM on May. 15, 2011

• When i was a sitter i always fed him sweet potato and cream corn or mac and cheese thru a food processor..
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 4:13 PM on May. 16, 2011