My leg won't stop itching! Help!

I fell a 10 days ago. I cut and scraped up my lower leg pretty good. It pretty much looked like a real bad case of road rash. It caused me a lot of pain for a few days, but then it began healing pretty nicely. I kept it covered and slathered in antibiotic ointment for eight days. It looked good and felt good, so I uncovered yesterday.

Last night I could not sleep because of how bad it was itching. I tried washing it, putting Gold Bond lotion on it and I tried putting aloe on it. It was awake most of the night. I bought some Hydro-cortisone cream today and it helps for about 30 minutes, but then it starts itching like mad again. Any one have any tips or tricks to get it to stop and help me have a decent night's sleep?

layh41407

Asked by layh41407 at 9:41 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Health

• soak it in Epsom salts, then use some benadryl lotion or Hydro-cortisone cream , Take some benadryl... then if it still itches tomorrow call you doc!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:45 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Put liquid soap on it and don't wash it off.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 9:45 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Itching usually means its healing...be careful getting it real wet, that can cause scabs to get wet and fall off leaving it open to infection.
    mbc324

Answer by mbc324 at 9:53 PM on May. 15, 2011

• The itching is probably it scabbing. Rub or scratch the area around it...usually helps me when I can't scratch the spot directly.
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 11:46 PM on May. 15, 2011