Shingles spreading...scared!!!

So my hubby has the shingles (he is only 28) and it started on his back just between the shoulders and spread out to his right arm and chest. Now it went up to his neck and now he has the pain sensation on his skull on the right side. While I am sure some of the "sharp pain" he feels every now and then is caused by the nerve sensation from the singles every time he moves his facial portion. The one thing that bothers me is that there is a rare chance he could get encephalitis. He got up earlier (after sitting up for a while) and nearly fell over like he was drunk. It wasn't like when you get up too fast and the room spins. He seriously looked drunk! I am watching out for key factors like headache and so forth but the nausea concerns me too and he is debating on going to the hospital.

Anyone else know about Shingles and have had it spread to the head section?

jujubean1979200

Asked by jujubean1979200 at 9:44 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Health

• go to the hospital NOW!
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 9:46 PM on May. 15, 2011

• has he seen his doc yet for an anti-viral??? Call his doc for further advice!!!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:46 PM on May. 15, 2011

• He has been put on two different meds. None I believe are anti-viral. I am watching him like a hawk and I think I might cal the E.R. and see what they say. It's like I don't want to overreact but then again I don't want to wait you know?
    jujubean1979200

Comment by jujubean1979200 (original poster) at 9:48 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I've know a few people who had it but haven't heard of such serious symptoms. I'd visit the dr.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:49 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Thanks. Yeah I think I am going to give them a call. I just asked because honeslty I think I needed to vent and I am scared beyond belief
    jujubean1979200

Comment by jujubean1979200 (original poster) at 9:50 PM on May. 15, 2011

• my mil has shingles now, AND I researched it for her earlier, anything I read didn't have any info of it on the head, though he could be having a allergic reaction to one of the meds, especially if it hurts his skull. I would def not wait , and take him to the er. The er will not give u much info over the phone they are going to tell you to come in to be seen anywaiz. Anytime there is pain in the head, face, arms, or chest, that could be a sign of a stroke or heart attack though I highly doubt it but when he had that look of being drunk and the actions following, that is a sure sign to me that something is not right. Please get him some expert advice.
    indysownlilbit

Answer by indysownlilbit at 10:27 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Zovirax could help. If he's having symptoms like he's drunk he needs to go to the ER. Especially if they are spreading and he's in that much pain.
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 11:28 PM on May. 15, 2011

• He is military so his CO requested he go to the ship this morning. He slept horrible last night but wasn't complaining of head pain anymore so he chose to wait like his CO wanted. I have not heard anything yet. Thanks for your help ladies.
    jujubean1979200

Comment by jujubean1979200 (original poster) at 8:11 AM on May. 16, 2011