How many weeks to dilate?

I'm 35 weeks tomorrow. How many week can you actually start to dilate? Just curious. I'm can feel the baby dropping down to the cervix. I hate it!! Makes you can't walk and back pain. So what does that mean to?

Boavang

Asked by Boavang at 9:53 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i was dilated with my first 2 kids at 2 cm when i was about 35-36 weeks i had both of them at 40 weeks. with my 3rd i went from 0 to labor in 24 hours at 36 weeks.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 9:59 PM on May. 15, 2011

• You can start whenever you body feels eady to and then you can regress and then dilate some more which is why cervical checks at this point and any point before labor starts are pretty useless as far as telling the doc anything. It is not recommended by any health organization that they be done, but some docs still insist on them.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:59 PM on May. 15, 2011

• You may not dilate until after labor starts. It means nothing before that really. And checks can introduce bacteria into the area.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:07 PM on May. 15, 2011

• my first i had to be induced to start dilation and it still took a day.. (39 weeks)'

my second i started dilation at 32 weeks, had her at 39 weeks
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:30 PM on May. 15, 2011