Was this rude? inlaw related

Dh had his family over for a bbq. Somehow we got into the dicussion about the floor and I was saying how dh was in and out bbqing so I did not feel the need to sweep(plus ppl coming in and no one taking off shoes which is fine btw and I did not bring that up). I said it was not big deal because basically it would be messy anyhow. We were talking--it was not any debate. My sil said "until ds put's food in his mouth". I thought it was a bit rude but I let it go. I just said that I do keep the floors swept(I had before dh was bbqing, the day before at the end of the night). I also would if ds was to be on the floor in the living area.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• It was thoughtless but not really rude. She just didn't think how it would sound.

Answer by Bmat at 10:28 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Um what does the floor and his food have anything to do with each other?! Chances are you wouldn't feed him off the damn floor anyway
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 10:28 PM on May. 15, 2011

• lmao.
    I don't hate her but she is not a mom and this is not the first time she has said things like this.
    She also told me that he still has food in his mouth(I had food in my hand). She said that it looks like his still working on something. Over Thanksgiving she argued with me over what was upsetting my son. I am nice but it bugs me to death.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:31 PM on May. 15, 2011

• It must have been one of those "had to be there" conversations because it makes no sense at all to me.

Anonymous

• Oh lord. I can't stand people with no tact. My sil made the comment to me about how DH "always did like fat girls"! I was pregnant! Had to bite my young's and nearly chewed a hole in it.
    tattooedmama126

Answer by tattooedmama126 at 10:41 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Everyone knows how to raise a baby until they have one. Me (personally) would tell her that I had it under control and didn't need her advice!
    SonyaNaomi

Answer by SonyaNaomi at 10:44 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Sorry it's jumbled.
    I will break it down. Dh was in out of the apt bbqing and I said that I was not sweeping it and it's not a huge deal. My sil said until my son puts something in his mouth

I did sweep the floor and it was nice before dh bbqed btw.
    She said ds will put something in his mouth because I don't take care of things...even though I did before and dh was going in and out of the apartment.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:44 PM on May. 15, 2011

• *she did not actually say he will put something in hismouth because I don't take care of things but that is the way it sounds*
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:45 PM on May. 15, 2011

• THAT is aweful ...tatoooed. I can't stand ppl like that. That woulda hurt me:(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:46 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I think maybe she was being a bit rude..i mean who comes over 2 criticize the floor? not sure i would want SIL around much..
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 10:50 PM on May. 15, 2011