SAHM: Do you have a set routine each day for your 2-3 yr old?

I'm staying home this summer...and probably in the fall. And my DD went to daycare for awhile so she is bored out of her mind and I don't want to sit her in front of the tv all day. I need some ideas on what to do...activities and things like that...any ideas would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks.

Btw...my DD will be 3 in July.

Keeely07

Asked by Keeely07 at 10:30 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If you don't have a daily routine, you could at least have a weekly routine: craft day on Monday, visiting grandma on Tuesday, swimming on Wednesday, helping mom clean house on Thursday, dance class on Friday, Cartoons on TV on Saturday, Church on Sunday, etc...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 10:38 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I am a SAHM during the summer times too and we have playdates at the YMCA Monday and Thurs. we have Library on Wed. we go to the pool on Tues. and we have mops on Friday. All of these activites would be possible for you to get hooked up with. We also love the park and going on walks.
    full_house

Answer by full_house at 10:47 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Thanks...what is mops?
    Keeely07

Comment by Keeely07 (original poster) at 10:47 PM on May. 15, 2011

• MOPS is mothers of preschoolers and they do a variety of activities with you and the kids. Our library has a story hour that we go to on Wed.
    full_house

Answer by full_house at 10:52 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Yes, we had a routine too when my daughter was that age. Two weeks swimming classes every summer (on weekedays). We also had one day of the follwing each week: dance, library, play date, movie, and sometimes a day trip or gardening. My daughter also loved to paint every afternoon at that age.
    The libraries have good summer programs and some movie theathers have free movie Tuesdays and Wednesdays for families. Moms even bring their own snacks. Check the Regal entertainment website for the movies. There are also gardens and children's museums that sometimes have free days during the summer. You just have to look on the internet to find some free or inexpensive local activities.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 11:00 PM on May. 15, 2011