CROCKPOT

Crockpot diner ideas????????
please help hubby is starving

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Food & Drink

• If hubby is starving, a crockpot isn't going to save him! lol, that takes time.

But I usually either do soup or roast in the crockpot. With a roast make sure that it has adequate water in the pot, and throw your veggies in there too (potatoes, carrots, whatever) along with all of your seasonings, maybe 1/2 an onion (minced).
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:45 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I LOVE my crockpot! I try to use it as much as possible. When I am putting on a play at school, it is my lifesaver as I can put meals in it before I go to work and they are ready when I get home. Some of my favorites:

BBQ Pork
    sloppy joes
    pot roast
    beef burritos
    chicken tacos

I also have a "slow cooker" recipe book that has tons of good ideas. If there is something specific you want me to look up. just message me (I only get on here every couple of days, however)
    mom2alan

Answer by mom2alan at 11:49 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I love my crock pot.

You can make honey mustard chicken. Take chicken breasts or any parts you want and put in honey mustard dressing and 1/2 cup of water and cook it on low 7-8 hours or high 4 hours.
    NikkiMarie333

Answer by NikkiMarie333 at 11:54 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• If hubby is starving, you need a frying pan, not a crock pot! LOL
    Crock pots and slow cookers are just that...slow. They take anywhere from 4-8 hours for most recipes.

One of my favorites is roast. Brown the roast first, in a little butter and olive oil. Place in the crock pot with 1 can of cream of mushroom soup, 1 packet onion soup mix, and 1/2 cup of water. It makes it's own gravy, and it's very tasty and almost too simple.

Another: Brown some pork *country style* ribs, and put in the crock with a bag of sauerkraut (with the juice). Season with a little celery salt and fresh pepper. It will be the tenderest meat you ever had, I promise. I usually quarter & boil some potatoes to serve with this, along with green & yellow beans.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:50 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• crockpot.com is a great place to find recipes.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 3:11 PM on Dec. 7, 2008