Long distant relationships, Yea or nah and why?

SMITxsM2

Asked by SMITxsM2 at 10:58 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• Usually I say nah. But it depends on the couple really. Its certainly harder thats for certain.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 10:59 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Personally, nay. A "regular" relationship is hard enough without adding distance to the mix. However, if you are already in the relationship and he goes on deployment for example then that's different.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:01 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Not military.
    SMITxsM2

Comment by SMITxsM2 (original poster) at 11:01 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Yea since my husband and I met online. He moved from a different state to be with me.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:01 PM on May. 15, 2011

• We were apart at least six months before he moved down.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:02 PM on May. 15, 2011

• DH and I met on the internet and had a long distance relationship. I say it's not the greatest of ideas. It's really not that much of a true relationship. You don't have the opportunity to get to know that person day in and day out. Quirks and how they handle different situations. All you see is a fraction of their lives, their mannerisms. It helps to be close to stay close emotionally. To share life together and to do things with one another is important in keeping any relationship strong. It takes more work than the average relationship, that's for sure!
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 11:03 PM on May. 15, 2011

• BTW. dh and I were together 4 years before we got married, and he came out a number of times and I came to where we live once before we got married.
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 11:04 PM on May. 15, 2011

• DH and I met online, we lived about 1/2hr apart but I went to college 2.5hours away about two weeks later. A year and a half in I went on study abroad to Europe. We did just fine.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 11:11 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Internet dating at a long distance is tough BeachyBabe because of exactly what you said in your first comment plus to me it's really not much f a relationship. I don't know what he's doing or if he has someone else or if he is who he says he is. some people get lucky I guess.
    SMITxsM2

Comment by SMITxsM2 (original poster) at 11:14 PM on May. 15, 2011

• It depends on how much both of you are going to put into it. We spent months apart before we got married and I had several ldrs that lasted months. The only thing that sucks is you are never truly together. Every time you are together it is a visit.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:18 PM on May. 15, 2011