my 2 year old like to hit and push my 11 month old how can I stop this

my 2 year old is a big moms boy and he has a weight problem so I have to spend alot of time tring to get him to eat so when I spend time with my 11 month old he gets mad

cdw5

Asked by cdw5 at 11:31 AM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I had to put in place a no tolerance policy for hiting, pushing the younger sibling in my house - my DS is a year and a half older and got 15 punds over my DD! If he hit her- automatic time out- no warning necessary...after a few time outs he learned quickly that if he hit or push he was going to sit for a while. Worked for us! Good luck!!!!
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 11:34 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Its got to be very hard for him to share you with his sister cause its only been him for a while. Although in order to protect your youngest, I would suggest being very very firm when he hits, shoves or what ever hes doing to her. Let him know that his sister loves him and he has to be nice to her. Make sure that you let him help you do things, like get you a diaper to change the baby or let him feed her. Basically do every thing you can so he doesnt feel left out. Good luck to you.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 12:32 PM on Dec. 6, 2008