I dont have anyone to watch my 3 yr when in labor!!

I don't have anyone to watch my son while in labor and the people that are offering I don't feel comfortable leaving him with them for more then a couple hours let alone days. I want my fiance to be in the room with me when I'm giving birth, I cant bare to have to do it alone. and I don't want my son in the room either :'(

lovemyfamily005

Asked by lovemyfamily005 at 11:09 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• What's the question? You've had 9 months...surely you can find someone or let him in to see his sibling.

Why are you panicking?

No friend grandparent or ANYONE? Even a daycare?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:12 PM on May. 15, 2011

• maybe if the people can trade "shifts?" Or have your son there in the room until your pushing? I dunno but GL!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:14 PM on May. 15, 2011

• What if she is laboring at night. What if her family is out of state nad she hasn't lived where she is long enough to have trusted friends.. this isn't far fetched IMO WE don;t know the whole story.. Let someone you know who will keep him alive while you are in labor. DF can call and check in every few hours. Or they could watch him in the waiting room with some toys... at least when you are getting close to the actual delivery. That way he can be there to see his sibling. He can run check on him if need be while you are napping. At night if he is sleeping that's even better. DF can care for him one the baby is born while you are still in the hospital. they can visit often. The nurses will help you with anything you need.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:18 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I would have someone watch for a couple hours while you are pushing, and then let your DF take him home for the night.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:29 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I was in this same situation when I had my daughter. I don't have much family and I am very picky as to who keeps my children. My mother, sister, and husband all wanted to be in the room, which was alright with me. Only hubby could be at the foot of the bed though. My son at the time was coming up on age 3. Long story short, while in the room with me, all three family members switched off with holding our son. Our son stayed at the head of the bed with me, talking to me and what nots. He not once was scared or anything. Of course, I am an easy laboring mommy, not a screamer or acting weird of anything. But, our son was in there the whole time, from the time of inducing to about an hour after the birth, then he went home with his aunt and nana, since when we had to switch rooms, he wasn't allowed to be in that part of the hospital. (hospital rules, kids under 15 couldn't be back there) But, for us, it all worked out very well.
    allen.moriahd

Answer by allen.moriahd at 11:51 PM on May. 15, 2011

• just give him candy corn and he will be fine
    hisblueeyes

Answer by hisblueeyes at 12:05 AM on May. 16, 2011

• let him watch and bring a sitter in case he has need to be met......
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 12:08 AM on May. 16, 2011

• DH and I didn't have ANY family and the few friends we had worked during the day. We couldn't ask them to lose a day's pay because I was giving birth. We had moved to this area a few months prior to delivery. Our DS was 4 and went with us to the hospital the day of delivery. As we were being escorted to the labor/delivery room, the nurse asked us why we brought our DS with us. We explained that we had just moved to the area and that no family lived here. The nursing staff was great. They asked us if we wanted him to be in the room while I gave birth. We told them that we preferred that he not be but that we didn't think we had any other options given our situation. When I started pushing, a few of the nurses asked DH if he would like them to take DS out to the waiting area until after the birth. Answer: YES! They took him out and stayed with him until baby and I had been cleaned up.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 12:18 AM on May. 16, 2011

• My 4 year old slept through the birth of my daughter. It was no big deal
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 12:59 AM on May. 16, 2011

• You can use a doula.
    And/or even better yet is a home or birth center setting delivery. This makes it easier all around! Especially if your sons is in his usual environment with his daddy to help him out.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:17 AM on May. 16, 2011