Step-mom question: What rights does my boyfriend have over his child?

My boyfriends ex-girlfriend/mother of his child is by far the most horrible person I have ever met. She referred to my boyfriend as 'her paycheck' and even tho he is voluntarily paying child support she calls him 'worthless' and tells him he cant see his son. She makes him drive to and fro to pick him up and drop him off, and refuses to meet half way like they were doing. He pays for all his own clothes, diapers, formula, wipes, toys, ect. She leaves him at daycare so she can go party. She bought a brand new car because she knew she would be getting child support soon. They are going to court soon and I just want to know what good will come of all this? Its killing us. I promise I do not mean to be putting anyone else in this situation down. I am personally having a very hard time sitting back and watching her be a bad mom and treat my bf (the dad to her kid) like crap. He really liked her, then she told him not to pull out, and now she blames him. He tried so so hard to make it work with her and she said 'she was better than him'.

KatsyKay

Asked by KatsyKay at 11:13 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• He needs to get everything in writing, through the courts. What he pays, custody agreements, everything. Also since things sound less than amicable, he needs to document document document.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 11:17 PM on May. 15, 2011

• you do have to have proof and im pretty sure you will have to meet half ways how old is the baby?
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 11:27 PM on May. 15, 2011

• He is almost 6 months. We have saved every text from the very beginning. We have pictures and receipts of everything we have bought for him. We write everything down. His lawyer has everything. I just hope she gets what is coming to her. She filed for child support before she even filed custody. She told him 'exactly how it is going to be' and that 'she will win'. Oh how I hate her. I cant wait for court. She does not know we have a lawyer.
    KatsyKay

Comment by KatsyKay (original poster) at 11:31 PM on May. 15, 2011

• that is good it sounds like you guys are prepare sorry to ask this but is he older is she a minor?
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 11:33 PM on May. 15, 2011

• He is 27 and she is 21. She is a total slut. She slept with him right away, and then broke up with him 3 weeks later, and while she was pregnant slept with 3 more guys! And the only reason I know this is because his boss used to know a friend of the family who knew everything she was up to. We have so much shit on her but no proof of any of it. Sucks. What hurts the most is that I never know when we will get to see the baby again until after court. But what will happen when they go to court, and get everything legal, and then she still pulls shit "you cant have him" or "you have to drive all the way to get him and bring him back" (its a 2 hour drive 1 way)?????? Slap on the hand? Cuz I know she will continue to pull this shit.
    KatsyKay

Comment by KatsyKay (original poster) at 11:38 PM on May. 15, 2011

• if she keeps doing it as long as he has proove then he could fight for full custody something like that and i totally understand you my bf had a baby with another girl and she did the same thing but when he got with me she stop letting him see her but unfortunately they never went to court because of age differences and she doesnt even know his last or first name thats how stupid she is. I wish luck dont give up its worth the battle...is your court date soon?
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 11:44 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Thank you so much Roxy!! We are still waiting for the court date. The weird thing is, she had no clue he has a gf, or even that I know about her and their baby. I have stayed out of it. She thinks he is single. We even keep our facebook status as single. I dont want to give her more reasons to tourcher him. She is just being mean cuz she can. If I had the $5,000 retainer fee I would soooo have paid it so we could get custody. I just hope she gets caught with a DUI. and I also hope she has the baby in the car when she gets caught under the influence. Maybe we will get custody easy ;)
    KatsyKay

Comment by KatsyKay (original poster) at 11:52 PM on May. 15, 2011

• oh no my bf made it obvious we were together.......but dont wish her bad you need to have patience if they pull her over mostly with the baby he will go into foster care and if the baby does not have his last name it will be harder or how is ur bf going to know when they take him away? I know you hate her but you want whats best for all of you so just have patience......
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 11:56 PM on May. 15, 2011

• He does not have my BF last name. But he is on the birth certificate. Just pray she does not get into an accident with the baby in the car if she is DUI.
    KatsyKay

Comment by KatsyKay (original poster) at 11:59 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I would gather all the proff, you possiblely can, including ...phone messages, do not answer her calls.

All texts, and anything else you can get on her....

BE NICE .......AAAGGHHH---HOLD YOUR TOUGE.

Make her "DIG HER, ON GRAVE"
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 12:57 AM on May. 16, 2011