How much formula is your baby eating?

My daughter is 11 months and she eats about 24-28 oz a day and a nurse at the health clinic said she should be getting around 36 or more a day. I was just wondering how much you give your 10-12 month old baby.

momma2JD

Asked by momma2JD at 11:32 AM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nah. My doctor said that 20-24 was normal for my 10 month old given all the solids that she eats. Do you supplement a lot with baby or regular food? My daughter is 10 months and eats 24 oz formula a day. She gets about 4 oz fruit, either chunks or puree, 4 oz veggies, either chunks or puree, 3 oz protein puree and then some puffs or yogurt melts for a snack. The doctors say she is right about where she should be.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:38 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• She usually eats a 4oz bottle early morning, half a stage 2 jar of veggie w/another bottle mid morning, half a stage 2 meat w/another bottle mid afternoon and half a stage 2 fruit w/another bottle at night or just a bottle. She snacks on her puffs and animal cookies, she gets yogurt or a Popsicle every once in a while or some bread or pasta.
    She is healthy and likes to eat everything you give her, so that is why I am not concerned about her not getting enough, just wanted to know if she was eating about the same amount as the average 11 month old is.
    momma2JD

Answer by momma2JD at 11:57 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• i have a 9 month old that is on 27 cal of formula and only eats 24 oz a dady and its hard gettign him to eat more then that he is under weight but we are working on trying to find out y... he eats some baby food but not to much.... b4 he got sick he was eating good.... dont lissen to drs because evey baby is diff i my self am under weight and always have been im 5'2' and 80 lbs and the expect my babys to be big i think not they are going to take after me.... or daddy and he is small as well.....gl i think you baby is eating enough if thats all she will take
    XsweetpeaX1988

Answer by XsweetpeaX1988 at 12:14 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• thats funny because at my sons last check up at 6 months and his nurse asked howmuch he was eating she was schocked he was eating 32 oz of formula a day plus 2 jars of food... she thought that was alot but he's healthy and okay... not overweight. but she said the average is in the 20's i forget exactly whatnumbers
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 12:15 PM on Dec. 6, 2008