Who is offended!?

I believe in God, maker of heaven and earth! It is my choice to believe in God, and I find peace in knowing that when no one is next to me.. he is ALL around me and still lifting me higher and higher! I am tired of hearing people say that I shouldn't believe!! I don't tell them they should believe, and I am not offended when they don't! In fact, THOSE are the people we should love more than ever! I believe in God, I don't question the rapture and when it comes I will welcome it with open arms and say God, I am yours to do what you will!

kbishop8688

Asked by kbishop8688 at 11:19 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I am not religious, but I have never had a problem with those who are. Most of the people in my town attend a church of some variety, and I think that the fellowship, charity work, and community involvement the churches and followers of our community contribute to be extremely valuable and worthwhile to the area. Honestly, I don't even have a problem with smiling and politely listening while someone tries to share the "good word" with me, because I know if they truly believe that my soul is going to rot in hell when I die, and they care enough to try to stop it, I shouldn't fault them for it. It is not unless someone is overly pushy or resorts to name calling or something that I would be offended by someone else's faith.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:44 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Have fun with that.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:21 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Well good for you.

A person's beliefs make no difference to me as long as they aren't trying to push those beliefs on others by doing things like passing laws that limit the rights of others simply because they feel that their religion is more important than equality. You didn't say that you were doing that (and hopefully you are not), so it's fine with me.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 11:29 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Nobody cares to stop you from believing. They just take issue when you start creeping into making other people believe territory. That's why there are issues about things like handing out bibles at school, calling this (falsely) a Christian nation, putting up a cross on government land maintained by tax money, telling people they can't get married because your religion says so, etc.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:25 AM on May. 16, 2011

• As long as you don't use your beliefs to justify hatred or bigotry or to deny people legal rights, more power to you. If your faith motivates you to do good in the world, that's beautiful.

Unfortunately, too many people DO use their religious beliefs as a shield for hatred and bigotry, claiming it's "what God wants", and that's where I get offended.

Does your belief make you say negative things about homosexuals? You and I have a problem. Does your belief make you say negative things about those who believe differently from you? You and I have a problem.

It all depends what you do with it.

Blame all those who are horrible examples of what a Christian should be for people assuming the majority are like that.
    bishopblack

Answer by bishopblack at 7:17 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I'm not offended by your beliefs.  I'm offended by those who think I should follow their beliefs.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:52 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Yes I never would push my beliefs on anyone, What a person believes is what THEY BELIEVE!!! Sure we might disagree but I respect all religions
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:26 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Amen!
    dys-shattered

Answer by dys-shattered at 11:31 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I believe in God and the rapture, too. So, I'm not offended.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 11:32 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I love God :)
    nicie3

Answer by nicie3 at 11:34 PM on May. 15, 2011