Why is FOX News the only channel that covers Vaccines and the Autism Link?

Recently I watched Fox Channel with the news about Dr. Bridges. This Doctor who received a compensation on 2001 to cover her son's treatment of Autism. She made it public that there are cases where parents have filed for compensation and have won. She insists (as she is a doctor) that she is pro-vaccines but urges parents to research before vaccination. Her son got hydrocephaly as adverse reaction of vaccination which consequently provoke for her son to be labeled as Autistic. I could not see any other channel covering this news?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't know about this particular story. There is an article in a prominent medical magazine..can't remember which one and don't have time to google at the moment...sorry....that does reveal the number of settlements given to families of autistic children from the fund for vaccines. There are dozens of them. I don't know about anyone else, but this tells me something is on the govt radar. I vaxed and I support vaxing...I do think they need to be reformulated with less toxic ingredients though.

I agree. I also believe that the vaccine schedule should be extended- I have concerns over so many different ingredients being injected into little, developing, highly active metabolic beings, all at the same time. I am not assured that scientists can accurately predict how multiple toxins when given together can/will affect each individual child.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 4:43 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Why should another channel cover it ? There is plenty of news to report and this item is not exactly ' high profile ' especially as there is no proven link between vaccination and autism
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 11:32 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I thought because the link between Autism and vaccines is fictional and that's a Fox "news" thing.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:27 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I selectively vaccinate and I dont do a lot ....... that said there is no such link between Autism and vaccines there never was either the Doctor who said that retracted his statement-- there is 0 scientific support (in the form of hard evidence research not expert oppinion) the link
    and personally I know 3rd and fourth generation unvaccinated autistic children they need to look into all the drugs we give moms(from prenantal vits to stadol and intrathecals) to find the source.....
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 11:40 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Because the origination of that lie has been proven as BS. Yet the myth flew around for too long for people to reverse their thinking now. There is no link.
    Anonymous

• Just because they covered the story does not mean they support the belief in the link. They did not.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:41 AM on May. 16, 2011

• No link has been proven. IMO Fox is not the best and tends to be very biased toward certain points of view.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 11:40 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Because it was proven that there is no link. The research that said there was wasn't real.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 9:16 AM on May. 16, 2011

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:36 AM on May. 16, 2011

• http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/01/05/journal-study-linking-vaccine-autism-fraud/
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:01 AM on May. 16, 2011