Thinks I want my hubby, MIL, and mom in the room when I deliver. What do you think?

My hubby gets qeezie about medical stuff so I thought his mom would help calm him down. But my dad things I'm crazy and my hubby should just be in the room. What do you think?

spagirl0426

Asked by spagirl0426 at 11:36 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Whoever you want, it's your decision. I think those are good choices.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:37 PM on May. 15, 2011

• i had my mom and hubby. my mil had to go... she annoyed me
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 11:38 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I had my mom and my hubby. It really depends if you feel comfortable with her their if you do not mind go for it. She will probably help you be calm because you do not want her to see you screaming.
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 11:39 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Your vagina, your choice who sees it!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:39 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Whoever makes you feel comfortable and supported. Its a busy moment, I barely remember who what there LOL :)
    KatsyKay

Answer by KatsyKay at 11:44 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Depends. Is this your first delivery? I had so many people in the room my first time (not by choice) and my son came out sunny-side-up and not breathing well on his own. The best experience is an intimate one. You, your husband and your child should bond before everyone else in the room wants to hold him/her..take pictures..give advice, etc.

805doll

Answer by 805doll at 11:51 PM on May. 15, 2011

• i had my husband my mom and my dad when i had my son... my mom and dad stayed up by me the whole time only my husband, was aloud down there,,,
    babymama0000

Answer by babymama0000 at 11:56 PM on May. 15, 2011

• You giving birth=you deciding which family members are in the room. For me, I had decided that I wanted it to be just DH and I. I ended up with a c-section so it didn't really matter.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 12:22 AM on May. 16, 2011

• It is "your" day and you get to call the shots and decide who is going in the room with you. I would also check with the doctor and see if they have a limit on the # of people you can have in there. At my hospital they only allowed 2 people in the room, but they did not enforce that rule, as with my 1st child I had my hubs and mom in there and my mil just walked right in... and stayed. The doctor/hospital staff did not say or do anything about it.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:33 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Whatever make syou comfortable. Make sure none of the three will be a distraction, the two moms get along well enough or your husband can handle the experience without getting terribly sick. Good Luck
    jazzymom190

Answer by jazzymom190 at 2:22 AM on May. 16, 2011