My MIL wants to watch her grankid born. I told her NO bc if anyone is going to see my flower its going to be my mom. That's just weird. What do you think?

I told her she could be in the room but could not see our baby coming our of my flower. THat's a big crazy to me.

spagirl0426

Asked by spagirl0426 at 11:42 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I think you are being generous for even letting her in the room. Dh was the only person I allowed to be in the room.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 11:44 PM on May. 15, 2011

• lol...well she should understand that you want your mother there instead of her. She needs to see her own daughter have a child if she has one. That's just weird for her to see that...good luck
    KheiyahIsLife

Answer by KheiyahIsLife at 11:44 PM on May. 15, 2011

• i agree your being generous with her even being able to be in the room
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 11:46 PM on May. 15, 2011

• ok I let my mother in law watch the birth along with my mom - my mother in law may never get to see any other grandchildren born and it was a very easy way to please her. Oh and no one is gonna give a rats behind about your "flower" (really ... flower? how old are you?) when a beautiful baby is coming out
    nurse_maya

Answer by nurse_maya at 11:47 PM on May. 15, 2011

• It is "your" day and you have the right to decide who will be in the room during the birth and what they can see. If you do not want mil to see your flower, then talk to your doctor and tell him/her that you are not comfortable with mil seeing that, and can Dr. please ask mil to stand out of the way (and not in viewing range).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:49 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I wouldn't even let her be in the room!!! That's just strange!! The only person I wanted in there with me was my midwife, a nurse and my husband!! once you let her in there you will have NO control over where she stands, trust me!!! She is really over stepping her bounds!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:51 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Well my MIL has no other family she is the only family on my hubby's mother side. Her parents and siblings have all passed away. I thought I would include her as much as I have included my mom. She is a crazy women and very funny. My mom is to the book on everything and his mom could care less about the book. I think my MIL will make me laugh and she'll be there to support my hubby. I'm 31 years old and yes its my flower and will always be. I don't care if you don't agree what I call my female part. I was brought up southern and that's what its called. I'm close with both my MIL and my mom. Not many people can say they are. I'm blessed.
    spagirl0426

Comment by spagirl0426 (original poster) at 11:53 PM on May. 15, 2011

• i think you are thinking about it too much. i doubt she wants in the room to catch a glimpse of your "flower"..she probably just wants to see first sight of the baby, take some pics, hear the cry.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:53 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Oh now she keeps telling me she can't wait to see our baby come out of my flower. I told her she can't see that. I would feel weird about it. She keeps telling me I will change my mind. I'm close with her but that is just weird to me. I don't know maybe I'll change my mind.
    spagirl0426

Comment by spagirl0426 (original poster) at 11:56 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I had a big old party #1 was my mom my mil and my sister--oddly enough the doctor was not in the room when DD popped out
    #2 was a new nursing student a new doctor and dh
    this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for your MIL dont take it away fromher for self centered reasons
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 12:06 AM on May. 16, 2011