Health

Trouble sleeping, does anyone have any ideas of how to stay asleep?

Momabear455

Asked by Momabear455 at 11:47 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Health

• You may be deficient in magnesium (particularly if you eat a lot of calcium). Try ncreasing your intake via diet and supplementing daily and you should notice that you'll sleep uninterrupted and more deeply. Magnesium is a natural sleep-aid, very calming, and is needed to regulate more than 325 enzymes in the body. You can try melatonin too but it is quite easy to get your body to make more on its own ... just make sure you keep your bedroom dark (keep shades drawn, cover up any digital clocks, close your door, etc.). I used to have no problems falling asleep but staying asleep was another story until I started supplementing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:08 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I can't sleep if the house temperature is too warm, so we keep the house cool or sleep with a window open.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 2:04 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I have the same problem. Its hard trying to sleep at 34 weeks. Try sleeping on the couch or the ground. Filling your tummy with bread and milk. Getting up earlier and NO naps. Good luck!
    Augusta

Answer by Augusta at 1:09 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I'm curious what does the bread and milk do? to Augusta
    Momabear455

Comment by Momabear455 (original poster) at 7:44 AM on May. 16, 2011