SAHM

I have been a SAHM for 2 years now and I am so afraid that something will happen to me when I am home alone with my son. He is only 2. Does any other SAHM worry about this or am I just being crazy?

BubblesB

Asked by BubblesB at 11:48 AM on Dec. 6, 2008 in General Parenting

• no i don't worry about that.. but then again my hubbys family lives all around us and we live in the country... so i really don't have a reason to worry. And i always have my cell with me sooo it takes two seconds to call 911 =)

But i re read the question and if your meaning like you pass out or something.... i've only worried about that once... and i called my hubby and told him and he called his mom to come over and came straight home from work! but other than that i don't sit around fearing it.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:52 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I think my biggest worry is because I have bad legs and fall a lot. I am sooo scared that I will fall and hit my head or something. Maybe I am just being crazy about it I don't know.
    BubblesB

Answer by BubblesB at 11:54 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Have you thought about looking into one of those emergency call buttons? I am not sure the qualifications and am not sure why you fall alot, but I would check into something like that.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:01 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• The biggest threat is if something happens with the hubby that has long term consequences. We can never forecast the future. No, you are not crazy. Reason, this is your inner instinct of survival speaking to you.

Please try to find an emergency plan if you do fall, and a long term plan for a backup income. An accounting skill would possibly be good for you.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 12:02 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Do you think your son is old enough to learn how to use the phone? Maybe teach him to dial 911 if something ever happens to mommy. Or teach him how to use a couple of speed dial numbers to call a member of the family or something.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:14 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I worry about it all the time. My mom and lil sis and lil bro live across town (15 minutes away) so I can always call them. and my FIL lives a block over (wouldn't come over unless we was dieing though) I've been trying to teach my DD how to call my mom (my phone is set on speed dial) she called my mom once and only heard the kids playing 15 minutes later my mom was at my door to make sure I was ok.
    MAyers

Answer by MAyers at 2:40 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I will occasionally worry about it because I pass out (more when I'm sick than any other time) from low blood pressure and I worry that I will do it and scare my daughter or for some reason not be able to take care of her. It isn't something that consumes my thoughts or days though. If it is like that for you, where you think about it all day every day...I don't think its normal.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 3:58 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I don't really think about it all day every day. I think about it more when my hips start to act up and are popping out of joint. The joys of having Hypermobility syndrome.
    BubblesB

Answer by BubblesB at 4:06 PM on Dec. 6, 2008