Stomache Problem

My newborn Son Has What i think is Bad Gas, and Constapated. I mean he Poops everyday but its so HARD, and he sumtimes cry and crys for no reason and all he does while he is crying is Burp fart and throw up.... I Tryed infnat gas drops, i dont know what else I Got diffrent Formula But my MIL Told me not to give it to him no more I Dont know

Miszsamantha

Asked by Miszsamantha at 11:51 AM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Call the doctor. If baby is THAT uncomfortable and the poops are hard I would talk to the doctor. That's what they're there for!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:59 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Ask your doctor. He might need a soy based formula. It could be the milk based formula?
    Anonymous

• You may want to ask your Pediatrician if a visit to a Pediatric G.I. is warrented. There are other infant formulas & alternative medicines to G.I. concerns for infants.
    danielle808

Answer by danielle808 at 4:54 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I'm not sure how old your son is, but my daughter has been constipated since she was 3weeks old. sometimes wont poop for days on end. and if she did, then she would grunt and push so hard her face turned purple. I have taken her to MANY pedi's and most of them are not sure whats wrong. we have tried everything from gylceron suppositories, and baby laxative, and massaging, and ginger, dang everything under the sun. Right now he has her taking a medicine that makes her poop really bad.. so i am trying to give it to her less often, and not such a big dose. but it sucks. bc i DIDN'T want to give her medicine.. there HAS to be something else.. oh and she is on soy formula becuase she is allergic to milk.
    ashcoyle

Answer by ashcoyle at 6:59 PM on Dec. 6, 2008