Have you had kidney stones while prego?

My doc thinks I have kidney stones, due to the massive pain and blood in urine without any infection. At the hospital they checked babies heart-beat and it was fine. Ugh... Im in so much pain :( They gave me two percicets, and sent me home with all this pee equipment so I can catch the stone. :( I feel a little loopy right now. And I am not super happy. What if its not kidney stones and something else is wrong. How will they know? oh yea, Im 31 weeks.

Tarrar

Asked by Tarrar at 12:12 AM on May. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Oh my sorry to hear that but that didnt happen to me
    KColeman90

Answer by KColeman90 at 12:14 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Not when I was pregnant...I have one now :-/
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:17 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Aw, I heard that is very painful... DonĀ“t know first hand though..
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 12:27 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I had multifple kidney stones wihen I was pregnant. They put in stints to keep them from getting stuck in the tubes. I lived on precoset and still had pain. They had to keep changing the stints because the raging hormoes would built up and block the stints. The whole ting was very nerve racking and painful. Hugs.
    briansmom123

Answer by briansmom123 at 12:29 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I have never had one while I was pregnant. I hope you are feeling better very soon. I remember watching DH go through the pain. I felt terrible. The Dr. and the nurses told him that it was the closest a man would ever come to experiencing what childbirth is like. I had to laugh. Let's just say that he was VERY good when I gave birth to DS#3 and I know that we will be great during labor with baby #4.

DH did tell me that the only thing that helped him with the pain was taking hot showers (as hot as he could stand them). Maybe this will help you.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 12:31 AM on May. 16, 2011

• No never had kidney stones, sorry you're going through that
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 12:54 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Kidney stones are often caused by too much calcium. The calcium/magnesium ratio should be 2:1; if you're not getting enough magnesium in your diet or through supplementation (most Americans do not), kidney stones can easily result from too much calcium. Hope you feel better soon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:27 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I had rock in the I forgot what it call but not kdney I was 3 months I found once I dilivered they took them out..
    avonbuyorsell

Answer by avonbuyorsell at 8:08 AM on May. 16, 2011