What do i have to do to keep dirty separate from clean clothes?!!

(sorry, long and dont know what category)
heres what happens
-i do the laundry and never put it away so just keep it in the hamper folded (i dont have room in my dresser)
-my SO thinks they are dirty so he puts his dirty clothes over it (even though they are folded! just because they are in the hamper doesnt mean they are dirty...ive told him this..)
-i have to clean the whole bunch over again because the clothes get jumbled so i dont know whats dirty or clean now
-it wastes water and time and makes me very frustrated

now, im not helpless so what i've done is:
-got rid of clothes so that I have more room in my dresser, but it is filled to the brim and they get wrinkled tucked so tightly in like that (so i guess i have still have to get rid of more OR fix up a new closet arrangement)
-established 2 different hampers: one thats mine and one thats his
-i said, do your own laundry and ill do mine
he tosses clothes left and right so his clothes still end up in mine. he is a slob, simply put, so i kindly put them in his hamper. then they start bulging over and falling out of his hamper and spill out all over the floor and get into my hamper (full of clean clothes) again.
i could move my hamper so that its not next to his but it would be in the middle of the room since there is no room.
what sounds like the best accommodation here? any other suggestions besides what ive done already, or you think i should still get rid of clothes? i dont feel like i have that many, maybe 50 shirts and 5 pairs of pants. thank you!

Liz4Life

Asked by Liz4Life at 12:14 AM on May. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• Well...honestly...it's not his fault, you're the one leaving clean clothes in the hamper - where dirty clothes are supposed to go. Sounds like you need a bigger dresser, or more shelving in your closet or something. Don't blame him, at least he's putting his dirties where they belong, it's not his fault the hamper's half-full of clean stuff.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Buy another space for your clothes. Plastic tubs, plastic drawers, another hamper.
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 12:22 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Too many shirts. Hamper is for dirty clothes only. Clean clothes must be put away.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:29 AM on May. 16, 2011

• this is true haha
    Liz4Life

Comment by Liz4Life (original poster) at 12:21 AM on May. 16, 2011

• If you've told him this he should at least have to courtesy to pay attention!! if you each have your own hamper tell him to stop putting his crap in your hamper or he can do the laundry!! Then get a cover for yours so he can't put his crap in there.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:22 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Hang clean cloths, in the closite(sorry about spelling).
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 12:39 AM on May. 16, 2011

• like the cover idea and its good to know i have too many shirts
    helpful so far...oh and i have no more room to hang clean clothes since all the jackets and sweaters go there
    but i COULD get rid of my dresser and instead put in a bar to hang stuff
    Liz4Life

Comment by Liz4Life (original poster) at 11:03 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Dear god I wish my DF knew what a hamper was!
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 11:36 AM on May. 16, 2011