What can you do for leg cramps ?

My leg has been cramping for the past hour and it's so uncomfortable the only thing i did so far that helped a little bit was stretched my leg is there anything else i can do that will take the pain away completely .

alexia_09

Asked by alexia_09 at 12:26 AM on May. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I wish I knew, I get them too often.
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 12:27 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I used to have really bad leg cramps, and charlie horses and what not, my dr told me to make sure I was getting plenty of potassium. I don't know why but it helped.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 12:27 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Cold, put an ice pack on it, or a cold wash cloth and keep it on there for a while, it should loosen the muscle.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 12:30 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Stretch, massage, heat, trust me I know what you going through but that's the only thing that will really help, the heat soothes it too but massage to get the blood circulating helps also
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 12:30 AM on May. 16, 2011

• ICE & stretch!!!!!! It interrupt the spasm and decrease metabolism at the site of the cramp! Also make sure you are getting enough sodium, potassium, calcium and iron. Your muscles work on a sodium/potassium pump system... and calcium helps transmit the message between cells... any of that out of balance then you get cramps. Iron is how your blood transports O2... and you cells need O2 to heal and work...

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:44 AM on May. 16, 2011

• it helps me to walk around for awhile.
    chrissysmom72

Answer by chrissysmom72 at 12:48 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Some people believes that sleeping with bars of soap helps.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:53 AM on May. 16, 2011

• ...ohhh I forgot to add hydrate like crazy!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:00 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I had severe cramps... my doctor said it was from too much dairy. I quit drinking milk, and the cramps went away!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:02 AM on May. 16, 2011

• To get rid of your leg cramps for the long term, investigate taking in more potassium and/or calcium.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 1:53 AM on May. 16, 2011