Conditioner

What have you used as a replacement, if you've run out of hair conditioner? What about shampoo? I'm talking something that you already have at your house.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on May. 16, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I've used my Coochy! Its a shave gel by pure romance and when I run out of conditioner I use a little of that. It works great!
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 12:29 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I've used dish washing detergent when I've run out of shampoo. It works great! Just not sure I'd use it regularly.

I haven't tried replacing the conditioner. If I run out, I just suffer with combing it out.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:43 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Lubriderm, Cetaphil, or any other light lotion work well in a pinch for hair conditioner. For shampoo, Dr. Bronner's as these products are all multi-taskers or dish detergent.
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 12:47 AM on May. 16, 2011

• something natural like mayo or eggs...although when i run out i just get more so never had that problem.
    MeehlingMommi23

Answer by MeehlingMommi23 at 1:46 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I don't run out, lol.. I have a gallon of shampoo and conditioner as back up in my closet in my bathroom (literally).

I'm sort of scared to see what people are puttin in their hair when they run out honestly..
    but good tips.. dish soap is similar to cheap shampoos so CAN work, although are HIGHLY drying because of the type of surfactants in them.. so if you are going to use that.. FIRST apply a mayo and olive oil mixture into the hair, then shampoo. (this will at least precondition the hair) .. after which a light leave in conditioner is fine to add after you are out of the shower.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:46 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I only shampoo my hair once a week so I don't much have to worry about running out of it. I condition my hair nearly everyday but i have so many different bottles of conditioner that it would be a long time before I run out of conditioner.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 2:08 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I make sure that I have enough shampoo for at least a month
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:26 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I rarely run out but on the rare occasion that I do, I use the family shampoo or conditioner.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:21 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I buy the travel sizes to have on hand. Thrift shops sell them by the bag for a buck or two!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:27 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I have samples of shampoo and conditioner that I have gotten when we stay at a motel and those come in handy although I rarely run out and I use the 2-in-1 Shampoo and Conditioner
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 4:23 PM on May. 17, 2011